+ Reply to Thread
    Bench Player

a show of hands, please...

Just wanted to ask: at the beginning of the first week of this season, how many of you figured we'd be playing for the division title on the final game of the season? Anyone? I don't see too many hands up. Mine aren't either.

And no "well, but...."'s, please. Yes, the NFC East isn't exactly the monster it used to be. Yes, we are a flawed team. Yes, Jacobs and Rolle talk too much for their own good. Yes, Gilbride's playcalling is crazy sometimes and the defense doesn't show up some weeks and Eli frustrates the hell out of you every once in a while.

But, hey, can we all give this team, these guys, a BIG-TIME round of applause right now?

After all the injuries, the "questionable free agency moves or non-moves", and everything else...they have hung in there and won when they had to, and have made this an exciting and entertaining season to watch--however badly you think we've played, NO ONE can say it's been boring--and gone a helluva lot farther than I thought we'd go. Color me impressed as hell with the way they've battled through everything and are on the cusp of the division. Win or lose next week, and speaking overall...I'm proud of this team, from the owner and management and players right down to the clubhouse janitor. Well done, men.

Re: a show of hands, please...

[quote user="canadave"]Just wanted to ask: at the beginning of the first week of this season, how many of you figured we'd be playing for the division title on the final game of the season?* Anyone?* I don't see too many hands up.* Mine aren't either.

And no "well, but...."'s, please.* Yes, the NFC East isn't exactly the monster it used to be.* Yes, we are a flawed team.* Yes, Jacobs and Rolle talk too much for their own good.* Yes, Gilbride's playcalling is crazy sometimes and the defense doesn't show up some weeks and Eli frustrates the hell out of you every once in a while.*

But, hey, can we all give this team, these guys, a BIG-TIME round of applause right now?

After all the injuries, the "questionable free agency moves or non-moves", and everything else...they have hung in there and won when they had to, and have made this an exciting and entertaining season to watch--however badly you think we've played, NO ONE can say it's been boring--and gone a helluva lot farther than I thought we'd go.* Color me impressed as hell with the way they've battled through everything and are on the cusp of the division.* Win or lose next week, and speaking overall...I'm proud of this team, from the owner and management and players right down to the clubhouse janitor.* Well done, men.
    [/quote]
    No I would have said with all the injuries no chance
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

All-Pro

Thank God the rest of our division sucks. To be honest, we just eliminated the best team going in the east right now, the Eagles. They are hot at the right time. If we didnt squash the JETS, who knows where they would go to...

Cowboys suck.

i actually thought we would be resting our starters for the last 2 games considering how bad our division is combined with getting to play the whole nfc west.

losing to the hawks and niners and 2 losses to the skins was something i did not foresee.
    due to the fact that I am from the Woodstock generation ...
    my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss