+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fact Or Fiction: RB David Wilson 2013

Fact Or Fiction: RB David Wilson 2013

http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs...5-fea58d3bcb02

"David Wilson will get the majority of the carries in 2013.

MICHAEL EISEN: Fact -My prediction is Ahmad Bradshaw and Wilson will reverse roles in 2013, with the second-year pro starring and getting a larger share of the carries and Bradshaw used as more of a third-down back, since he’s superior in pass protection. Andre Brown will have something to say about that if he can stay healthy.

JOHN SCHMEELK: Fact -David Wilson will get more carries than any other individual running back in 2013, however, his split might be close to 50/50 if you compare it to Bradshaw’s and Brown’s combined carries. I like that three headed monster next season, as each of the three are good at different things. Bradshaw will be used a little more on third down, Brown in short yardage and Wilson as the primary carrier. In this day and age in the NFL, you need three backs that are capable of carrying the ball. It’s pretty clear that Bradshaw’s body can’t handle 15-20 touches a game.

DAN SALOMONE: Fact -We’ll have to see how the offseason plays out with free agency and the draft, but it’s shaping up that way. With the primary of his workload as a running back coming at the tail end of his rookie season, Wilson averaged five yards per carry and had at least 12 attempts in three of the last four weeks. Also, as Tom Coughlin pointed out late in the season, Wilson is bigger than you might think (5-10, 205) and can be a bruiser. But even if he gets the most work, it won’t be by much under Coughlin, who wants multiple backs.

The Giants will draft a player on defense in the first round this year.

MICHAEL EISEN: Fiction -I’m not saying they won’t but I can’t say they will. I think the Giants need to address the offensive line. If I had to guess now – and any guess three months prior to the draft is a wild one – I’ll say they’ll go big early in the draft.

JOHN SCHMEELK: Fact -The Giants have shied away from drafting an offensive lineman in first rounds in past drafts, and most of the other needs on this team come on the defensive side of the ball. Last year the Giants had trouble defending the run, and in a draft heavy in front seven defenders, it seems like a good fit for a linebacker or defensive lineman.

DAN SALOMONE: Fact -The mantra of “best player available” will always be enacted under Jerry Reese, but just taking an early look at the draft class (which was set this week), it appears to be top heavy on the defensive side of the ball. But anything in the trenches – on either side of the ball – would be likely.

Stevie Brown had the most impact of any Giants player in 2012.

MICHAEL EISEN: Fiction -Brown had a good season, but I have trouble wrapping my arms around the concept of a player other than Eli Manning having more impact than any other. He does, after all, play a reasonably important and active position. No player influences the Giants more than Manning.

JOHN SCHMEELK: Fiction -Considering the Giants defense overall, and the pass defense specifically struggled for most of the season it is hard to say Brown had the largest impact. Was he the most impactful player on defense? Yes, but not overall. I would go with Victor Cruz on offense, or David Wilson on special teams. The Giants led the NFL in field position after kickoffs this year and Wilson had a lot to do with that. Oh yeah, and how about Eli Manning? Hard to say anyone impacted a team more than its quarterback.

DAN SALOMONE: Fact -Brown’s eight interceptions (second most in the NFL) were enough to frustrate offenses, but the safety really changed the game once he had the ball in his hands. He led the NFL in interception return yards (307), which were 147 more than the next closest (Tampa Bay’s Ronde Barber) and nearly triple the amount of the 2012 interception leader, Chicago’s Tim Jennings. But then again, it is the era of the quarterback and hard to argue against Eli Manning.

Michael Strahan and Bill Parcells will both be voted to the 2013 class of the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

MICHAEL EISEN: Fiction -I believe both are very deserving. I see Strahan making it. But the list of eligible former players is strong and when it’s a close call between a player and coach, the decision usually goes to the player. But I’m rooting hard for Parcells.

JOHN SCHMEELK: Fiction -Strahan should get in on the first ballot but I think Parcells will have to wait another year. I think both are very deserving and should get him, but I’ll try to read the voting tea leaves and predict Parcells falls just short.

DAN SALOMONE: Fact -Sometimes “will” and “should” don’t match up on a year-to-year basis, but I don’t think that will be the case for them in the 2013 class. The pool is deep this year, but I think there’s enough momentum for Strahan and Parcells, who both have the individual accolades and rings to back them up. However, it will be harder for Parcells this time around. It might not be a matter of "if" for the coach, but "when."

Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below."
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 01-19-2013 at 03:50 PM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Veteran
    wouldn't be surprised if Tom makes Bradshaw the starter again

Bradshaw as the 3rd down back.. best blocker of the 3, makes sense

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    Bradshaw as the 3rd down back.. best blocker of the 3, makes sense
    I hope Wilson and Brown improve in their blocking
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

if Bradshaw is healthy for next season then I think he is the starter just based on his blocking and not his running, but I do think that Wilson will see the Lions share of carries over the course of the game...

Veteran
    Rochester, NY Yes Bills contry what can I do its where I live
    I honestly don't know what will happen next year. I would certainly hope we dont waste Wilson for another season. I'd love to see him be the featured back. I'd love to see him thrown the ball out of the back feild too. Or split out on occassion. He could be our "matchup nightmare" for other Defenses to worry about. That is the only good thing having such a long off season. We get to dream of the great things that could happen next season for a longer amount of time.

I think the Giants should cut Bradshaw. Good place to save money. If you are going to squander 1st round picks on RB's than u ride him.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    I think the Giants should cut Bradshaw. Good place to save money. If you are going to squander 1st round picks on RB's than u ride him.
    agreed not worth the money if he's just gonna be used as a 3rd down back.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    That's what I'm saying. I doubt he has much trade value with his contract/injuries etc.

Most teams will recognize that if we are shipping Bradshaw, we're probably about to cut him anyway.

wilson goes for 1200 yards. 4.5 ypc, 9 rushing TD's,,,3 recieving TD's. yep, I'm going all in.

+ Reply to Thread