+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why not go LB the first 2 rounds? If possible

Why not go LB the first 2 rounds? If possible

If the looney TE'O is there and Rutgers/Elizabeth, NJ's own Khaseem Greene is there in the 2nd.... I say do it......

LB core would be Greene/TE'O/Boley .... I know its 2 rookies...but we cant be any worse...Greene rotates with J-Will.....I always liked Chase but Herz will obviously be the backup MLB

Lose Osi no problem...Move Kiwi back to his natural position and watch him thrive....

then go O-Lineman ...Unless an O-lineman is BPA in the first..... then this whole idea is pointless lol

not a bad idea.. but it should be Ogletree in the 1st.. then Greene or Hodges

Moving Kiwi doesnt solve anything with the pass rush. If the Giants are going to take 2 LB's I would hope 1 of them could be a 3rd down pass rusher and a very good blitzer

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Moving Kiwi doesnt solve anything with the pass rush. If the Giants are going to take 2 LB's I would hope 1 of them could be a 3rd down pass rusher and a very good blitzer
    ogeltree did some pass rushing as a DE. I dunno if Id like picking Ogeltree. Do u think hes gonna transition to a MLB in the NFL or OLB Redeye? Id be upset if we took him to be honest.

Id rather OL/DL/Corner before LB ESPECIALLY 1 and 2 rds....

i think ol is more important eli did not get sacked a lot but he saved there bacon by throwing the ball away when he was not getting hit but i do remember parcells drafting multiple oline in the first 3rounds when he first took over the jets so that strategy has been used before on aposition of need and i think they did alright with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Greene has great blitz instincts and closing speed to get to the QB. 9.5 sacks the last two seasons as a starter.

can Greene play the strong side..??

Quote Originally Posted by WiIdcat View Post
    Greene has great blitz instincts and closing speed to get to the QB. 9.5 sacks the last two seasons as a starter.
    I meant a guy that could play some 3rd down end

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    ogeltree did some pass rushing as a DE. I dunno if Id like picking Ogeltree. Do u think hes gonna transition to a MLB in the NFL or OLB Redeye? Id be upset if we took him to be honest.

Ogletree is probably one of those prospects who needs to go to the right team and the right conditioning/weightlifting program to become a star MLB. Blackburn could probably teach him some good things before he would take over the reigns in year 2. Actually sort of comes off as the "David Wilson" of this year's LB prospects. Has the most upside from an athletic perspective, extremely young, and needs additional coaching to become more instinctual at the position.

I'd still prefer another pass rusher in the 1st and if we do pickup a LB, I want someone like a Barkevious Mingo or Jamie Collins who could play the Sam and always present a threat as a pass rusher from the outside too.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post

Depends on where he ends up.If a team can keep him clean or doesnt mind giving up some against the run for increased athletic ability against the pass than he can play MLB right away. He can play outside anywhere for anybody.He needs to add some strength to his base until Id say he is a 4-3 MLB anywhere.

+ Reply to Thread