+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Why not go LB the first 2 rounds? If possible

Greene just checked in at just over 6'. 6004, and 236 pounds. Probably not good news for a player who already struggles to shed.

I really think it"s important to go OL in @ least one of the first 2 rounds because LT or RT's are extremely hard to find in the FA market.

i have no problem going with 2 LBS in the first 4rds, but maybe not 1st 2.. I woulden't mind a K.Greene in rd 2 followed by Kevin Red**** in RD 3or4.. Red**** makes a ton of plays behind the line and greene can do anything on the football field.. Greene and Red**** would really give us a couple physical playmaking LB's in our starting unit

Kevin Red**** had a really good yr, when u look at it...

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    Off subject.. i realize this a a LB thread. but By the way they are projecting Barrett Jones (who I've watched for 4 yrs at Alabama) which I feel will be an excellent pro in second round. He won 3 Titles with Alabama at 3 different OLine positions. We could use a guy like this
    I like Barrett Jones a lot too !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Greene just checked in at just over 6'. 6004, and 236 pounds. Probably not good news for a player who already struggles to shed.
    Greene has trouble shedding blocks? Seems to get pretty much anywhere he wants when i watched em.. Who dosen't have trouble shedding blocks sometimes? Be pretty amazing if LB"s could beat lineman 100pct of the time..lol Greene is a physical player, who can sack the QB and make plays in coverege.. I think his game tape is all he needs..

Quote Originally Posted by shocknaweny View Post
    I like Barrett Jones a lot too !!!!
    Good thing about Barrett Jones is that he's played RG, center and left tackle... and been great at each.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSabbath View Post
    Good thing about Barrett Jones is that he's played RG, center and left tackle... and been great at each.
    yes. Giants should make it there business to go out and get this guy. He could be the an anchor on our 0-Line for the next 10/12 years. A guy we can build around
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Greene has trouble shedding blocks? Seems to get pretty much anywhere he wants when i watched em.. Who dosen't have trouble shedding blocks sometimes? Be pretty amazing if LB"s could beat lineman 100pct of the time..lol Greene is a physical player, who can sack the QB and make plays in coverege.. I think his game tape is all he needs..
    He likes to hit, but he isnt very physical.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    He likes to hit, but he isnt very physical.
    He was teh most physical player in that bowl game against va tech,t hats for sure.. He was plowing through people, and played possessed and pretty much dominated all aspects... He was destroying guys...

I don't think Greenes got any issue with being physical, but to each there own, i suppose...

Anthony Barr could be an option at SLB.. maybe round 2 or 3
    (1)Aaron Donald, DT Pittsburgh - (2)Troy Niklas, TE Notre Dame - (3)Jack Mewhort, OT Ohio State
    (4)Ahmad Dixon, S Baylor - (5)Bryan Stork, C Florida State - (5)Tyler Gaffney, RB Stanford
    (6)Cody Hoffman, WR BYU

+ Reply to Thread