+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wow Dion Jordan played light

Wow Dion Jordan played light

Just read this article on yahoo:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...8726--nfl.html

Says Dion Jordan played this season at 226lbs but is already up to 234 and plans to be 250 by the combine. Idk about you guys but I really like Jordan in the first. He's an absolute freak athlete with very long arms on a 6'6 frame. He would be a terror coming off the edge as a situational pass rusher and could possibly play linebacker in certain situations.

He may be light now, but Bruce Irvin was only 245 heading into the combine, was drafted by a 4-3 team, and had 8 sacks in his rookie year! I'd take that over the pathetic effort that Tuck and Osi gave this year.

Jordan is a super athlete.. used to play TE, dont think he makes it to #19

Except he wasent a consistent edge rusher at all.

Im just not sure if he adds another 30-40 pounds he can still move the same way he does.

Irvin being 245 isnt as much of an issue, because he is only 6'3, so he has more natural leverage.

Jordan has NO pass rush moves. All he does is try to speed rush

Veteran
    he's not a 4-3 edge rusher.

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Von Miller is only 237. Though I still don't know where Jordan's place on this team is. Don't see him as a left end and he would be too high of an investment for a situational rusher.

Quote Originally Posted by penguinfarmer View Post
    Von Miller is only 237. Though I still don't know where Jordan's place on this team is. Don't see him as a left end and he would be too high of an investment for a situational rusher.
    Von Miller isnt a 4-3 DE though. And Von Miller plays with better leverage than any pass rusher in the league.

He is a very good athlete, but I dont know where he fits in the NFL.

He is currently too small to be a 43 DE. But, he is taller and lankier than a 34 OLB.

So he has to either show that he can play with the lateral quikness and ability to play in space, olke a 3-4 OLB.

Or

He has to add 40+ lbs and play a 43 DE, but in doing so he has to retain his speed and quickness moving forward because that is what his game is based on.

As others have said, he is a bit of a developmental project too because he is very 1 dimensional in that he wins with speed or he doesnt win at all.

^^ I think he's a 3-4 OLB in the NFL.. I see the Jets taking him or Mingo

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Von Miller isnt a 4-3 DE though. And Von Miller plays with better leverage than any pass rusher in the league.
    Right. And I don't see Dion Jordan playing full-time DE on any team, let alone on the Giants.

+ Reply to Thread