+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Veteran jax5338's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,493

    How can anyone be rooting for the Ravens?

    I hope they never win another game! I'm still bitter about the beating we got from them in 2001. It crushed my childhood dreams until 2007. That and I can't see how anybody admires Ray Lewis. Good football player, but in my mind a lucky criminal and huge phony.

    Don't wanna see Jim Harbaugh win, or see the Ravens win. Guess I'm rooting for te Pats now. Yuck.

  2. #2
    For me, its not the same ravens team by any means from 2000 (or giants for that matter) so it easy to detach myself from that loss to their present day success.

    Pats win the SB this year and you watch how their fans will just gloss over the 2 superbowl losses to the Giants as they claim a 2-decade dynasty.
    Last few avatars: Nicks, Bradshaw, Jacobs - who's the next future ex-Giant

  3. #3
    All-Pro giantyankee1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    OUT of MARKET
    Posts
    15,063
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruttiger711 View Post
    For me, its not the same ravens team by any means from 2000 (or giants for that matter) so it easy to detach myself from that loss to their present day success.

    Pats win the SB this year and you watch how their fans will just gloss over the 2 superbowl losses to the Giants as they claim a 2-decade dynasty.
    lesser of two evils.

    when they thrashed us we had Fassel and Kerry Collins.

    since then Coughlin and Eli won us two more SB's and the Ravens won squat.

    if the pats win another, the love fest would be sickening...

    Ray Lewis is a hell of an ILB/Mike and since Tony G won't retire a SB champ, why not Ray Ray?


    NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

  4. #4
    Veteran jax5338's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,493
    Quote Originally Posted by giantyankee1976 View Post
    lesser of two evils.

    when they thrashed us we had Fassel and Kerry Collins.

    since then Coughlin and Eli won us two more SB's and the Ravens won squat.

    if the pats win another, the love fest would be sickening...

    Ray Lewis is a hell of an ILB/Mike and since Tony G won't retire a SB champ, why not Ray Ray?
    Because "Ray Ray" should be in jail if you ask me. And Idc how long ago it was, Ill forever despise the Ravens. Plus their colors/jerseys are hideous

  5. #5
    Veteran Cool Papa B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    1,708
    Quote Originally Posted by jax5338 View Post
    Because "Ray Ray" should be in jail if you ask me. And Idc how long ago it was, Ill forever despise the Ravens. Plus their colors/jerseys are hideous
    Wes Welker's wife agrees with you:

    "Proud of my husband and the Pats. By the way, if anyone is bored, please go to Ray Lewis' Wikipedia page. 6 kids 4 wives. Acquitted for murder. Paid a family off. Yay. What a hall of fame player! A true role model!" Burns Welker said in a since-deleted post on her personal Facebook page.

    http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=8867098


    Of course later on she apologizes.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by jax5338 View Post
    Because "Ray Ray" should be in jail if you ask me. And Idc how long ago it was, Ill forever despise the Ravens. Plus their colors/jerseys are hideous
    What evidence do you have to throw him in jail?

    The guy was never convicted. Friends of a friend of a friend. He was in the wrong area at the wrong time.

    I love the story of the Ravens. A team who consistently couldn't get past their divisional rival in Pittsburgh. Finally got them out of the way, only to run into the Patriots both years in the Conference championship. Lose the first one, win the second one. They are the definition of a team, and their defensive captains have seemed to have been playing together forever.

    The Ray Lewis attention is painful to watch. Watching all the attention he has been receiving only increases how badly I want to see Ed Reed win a super bowl before retiring.

  7. #7
    All-Pro TCHOF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    5,083
    Quote Originally Posted by greenca190 View Post
    What evidence do you have to throw him in jail?

    The guy was never convicted. Friends of a friend of a friend. He was in the wrong area at the wrong time.

    I love the story of the Ravens. A team who consistently couldn't get past their divisional rival in Pittsburgh. Finally got them out of the way, only to run into the Patriots both years in the Conference championship. Lose the first one, win the second one. They are the definition of a team, and their defensive captains have seemed to have been playing together forever.

    The Ray Lewis attention is painful to watch. Watching all the attention he has been receiving only increases how badly I want to see Ed Reed win a super bowl before retiring.
    He actually pled guilty to obstruction of justice.

    One of the dead guy's blood was found in his limo and the white suit he wore that night disappeared and was never recovered. Those murders remain unsolved to this day.

    Don't fall for the media's attempt to make this guy into a saint. He is a real bad guy.

  8. #8
    Veteran jax5338's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,493
    Quote Originally Posted by greenca190 View Post
    What evidence do you have to throw him in jail?

    The guy was never convicted. Friends of a friend of a friend. He was in the wrong area at the wrong time.

    I love the story of the Ravens. A team who consistently couldn't get past their divisional rival in Pittsburgh. Finally got them out of the way, only to run into the Patriots both years in the Conference championship. Lose the first one, win the second one. They are the definition of a team, and their defensive captains have seemed to have been playing together forever.

    The Ray Lewis attention is painful to watch. Watching all the attention he has been receiving only increases how badly I want to see Ed Reed win a super bowl before retiring.
    He got off because key evidence was missing. Read about the case, the white suit he wore that night has never been recovered. It "vanished." He took a plea bargain for obstruction of justice and sold out his friends. Nobody else has ever been tried for the murder. And he also gives money to the victims family. Perhaps he feels guilty?

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruttiger711 View Post
    For me, its not the same ravens team by any means from 2000 (or giants for that matter) so it easy to detach myself from that loss to their present day success.

    Pats win the SB this year and you watch how their fans will just gloss over the 2 superbowl losses to the Giants as they claim a 2-decade dynasty.
    This times 1000. I do NOT want to hear all this media love-fest crowning Brady as the next Montana when he's NOT this messiah figure that people claim him to be...

    Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

  10. #10
    Veteran jax5338's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,493
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    This times 1000. I do NOT want to hear all this media love-fest crowning Brady as the next Montana when he's NOT this messiah figure that people claim him to be...
    I still don't see what's so bad about Brady that people seem to be pulling for Ray Lewis over him. At least he never killed anybody.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts