+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jax5338 View Post
    I hope they never win another game! I'm still bitter about the beating we got from them in 2001. It crushed my childhood dreams until 2007. That and I can't see how anybody admires Ray Lewis. Good football player, but in my mind a lucky criminal and huge phony.

Don't wanna see Jim Harbaugh win, or see the Ravens win. Guess I'm rooting for te Pats now. Yuck.

I'm rooting for the Ravens.

OVerall I find them less objectionable that the 49ers.

The Ravens have been good for years and things have finally fallen into place for them. I don't buy into the whole media rewrite of Lewis' history but whatever...the media always gives great athletes a free pass, certainly LT got more than his share.

The Niners are another story. 2 years away from complete irrelevance that lasted over a decade and they act like they've built themselves up from nothing with all odds against them as opposed to the reality of they should have been good years ago had they not effed it up so badly. Further, their fans are laughably unknowledgeable......many, many cases of small man overcompensating going on with that team starting with the coach and continuing through most of their fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasman View Post
    I'm rooting for the Ravens.

OVerall I find them less objectionable that the 49ers.

The Ravens have been good for years and things have finally fallen into place for them. I don't buy into the whole media rewrite of Lewis' history but whatever...the media always gives great athletes a free pass, certainly LT got more than his share.

The Niners are another story. 2 years away from complete irrelevance that lasted over a decade and they act like they've built themselves up from nothing with all odds against them as opposed to the reality of they should have been good years ago had they not effed it up so badly. Further, their fans are laughably unknowledgeable......many, many cases of small man overcompensating going on with that team starting with the coach and continuing through most of their fans.
    I can definitely see how people hate the 49ers. I can't stand Harbaugh or Lewis so it isn't a happy scenario for me but I just can't get beyond the phoniness of Lewis. All in all my hopes for the game are to hit for some money on my boxes because its a lose-lose for me as far as my rooting interest goes.

I hope they never win another game! I'm still bitter about the beating we got from them in 2001. It crushed my childhood dreams until 2007. That and I can't see how anybody admires Ray Lewis. Good football player, but in my mind a lucky criminal and huge phony.

Don't wanna see Jim Harbaugh win, or see the Ravens win. Guess I'm rooting for te Pats now. Yuck.
    I'm a Giants fan thru-and-thru, but I have to be honest; The Ravens defense was great and I didn't feel to confident of the Giants cgances that night.

As annoying as Ray Lewis can be, I would rather see the Ravens win than the 49ers. It's the lesser of 2 evils IMO.

I'm rooting for the Ravens. Don't like the Niners coach, and I'm not sure I like Kaepernick either. When was the last time a QB is actually penalized for taunting?

Ray Lewis' act is getting overblown to the point that I'm embarrassed for him. Crying during the star-spangled banner when he knew all the cameras were on him and falling down on all fours in the middle of the field when the game was over . . . it all seems very calculated and over-the-top

Because "Ray Ray" should be in jail if you ask me. And Idc how long ago it was, Ill forever despise the Ravens. Plus their colors/jerseys are hideous
    Wes Welker's wife agrees with you:

"Proud of my husband and the Pats. By the way, if anyone is bored, please go to Ray Lewis' Wikipedia page. 6 kids 4 wives. Acquitted for murder. Paid a family off. Yay. What a hall of fame player! A true role model!" Burns Welker said in a since-deleted post on her personal Facebook page.

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=8867098

Of course later on she apologizes.

Quote Originally Posted by AllHailEli View Post
    I'm rooting for the Ravens. Don't like the Niners coach, and I'm not sure I like Kaepernick either. When was the last time a QB is actually penalized for taunting?
    Philthy Rivers (re: Cutler) ?

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Because "Ray Ray" should be in jail if you ask me. And Idc how long ago it was, Ill forever despise the Ravens. Plus their colors/jerseys are hideous
    What evidence do you have to throw him in jail?

The guy was never convicted. Friends of a friend of a friend. He was in the wrong area at the wrong time.

I love the story of the Ravens. A team who consistently couldn't get past their divisional rival in Pittsburgh. Finally got them out of the way, only to run into the Patriots both years in the Conference championship. Lose the first one, win the second one. They are the definition of a team, and their defensive captains have seemed to have been playing together forever.

The Ray Lewis attention is painful to watch. Watching all the attention he has been receiving only increases how badly I want to see Ed Reed win a super bowl before retiring.

Quote Originally Posted by greenca190 View Post
    What evidence do you have to throw him in jail?

The guy was never convicted. Friends of a friend of a friend. He was in the wrong area at the wrong time.

I love the story of the Ravens. A team who consistently couldn't get past their divisional rival in Pittsburgh. Finally got them out of the way, only to run into the Patriots both years in the Conference championship. Lose the first one, win the second one. They are the definition of a team, and their defensive captains have seemed to have been playing together forever.

The Ray Lewis attention is painful to watch. Watching all the attention he has been receiving only increases how badly I want to see Ed Reed win a super bowl before retiring.
    He actually pled guilty to obstruction of justice.

One of the dead guy's blood was found in his limo and the white suit he wore that night disappeared and was never recovered. Those murders remain unsolved to this day.

Don't fall for the media's attempt to make this guy into a saint. He is a real bad guy.

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    He actually pled guilty to obstruction of justice.

One of the dead guy's blood was found in his limo and the white suit he wore that night disappeared and was never recovered. Those murders remain unsolved to this day.

Don't fall for the media's attempt to make this guy into a saint. He is a real bad guy.
    While both bad, I feel there's a huge difference between knowing what happened vs ACTUALLY committing the murder.

I dont fall for the sainthood, but if and when the truth ever comes out I dont think he's the "murderer" he's labeled with being.
    "...gently down the loser stream!!"

--80--