+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: As Giants fans...

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Baby Bulls View Post
    I'm not watching the Super Bowl, can't stand the 49'ers, particularly their coach. As for the Ravens, I still have this nagging issue with Ray Lewis and the unsolved murder during the 2000 Super Bowl, so don't think I can root for them either. Besides, we now have to listen and read, if we choose, about a "brother's" Super Bowl. When is the draft :-).
    close your ears and don't read anything lol

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Im rooting for the Ravens the players on the 2000 team are gone besides Lewis. I cant stand the 49er fans they acted like complete children last year and I dont want Brady to get another Super Bowl so Eli can tie or pass him some day
    I feel that way too (now that the pats are out), but I keep coming back to hating Flacco really hard. I feel like when he made his elite comment in his head it was like "Eli said it and won a super bowl...its bound to work for me in the same fashion." I hate the niners equally though for last year and how they act like champs when they haven't done anything. Yet anyway.

I like the Niners. They have sn***y uniforms.

edit:
    Dear boards.giants.com, sn@zzy is not a curse word. It can be used by children in kindergarten. Example, "Hey Eli, that sure is a sn@zzy backpack you're wearing. You'll be the coolest kid in school."
    Last edited by EJ Blue; 01-20-2013 at 11:56 PM.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Honestly at this point i'd root for the niners. We demolished them. Remember when we demolished the Broncos in 1998?
    i also remember beating Pittsburgh and the cardinals pretty good the year they were both in SB
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Veteran
    Rochester, NY Yes Bills contry what can I do its where I live
    As a Giants fan.... I'm glad the NHL is playing again.

Banned
    Before I was a Giants fan as a kid, all I remember is Joe Montana, Ronnie Lott and Jerry Rice. It seemed like they were in Superbowl every year. I remember my mom throwing parties and watching the games. I liked San Fran until my big cuz moved from New York and introduced me to the NFC East.

I didn't know a whole lot about football back then but I was definitely interested in the sport. I fell in love with the Gmen when they beat Buffalo in the Superbowl... it was a helluva game with a spectacular finish and Whitney Houston singing the National Anthem gave me goosebumps. With all that being said, I have history with the Niners so I'll be rooting for them.

As far as the people talking about Ray Lewis and that murder case... he was found innocent and he seems like a genuine, God fearing man. If he wins I wouldn't be that disappointed but what upsets me is people judging him after he was already judged in a court of law and proven innocent. Stop trying to play God because none of us knows what happened that night BUT God.

Quote Originally Posted by EJ Blue View Post
    I like the Niners. They have sn***y uniforms.

edit:
    Dear boards.giants.com, sn@zzy is not a curse word. It can be used by children in kindergarten. Example, "Hey Eli, that sure is a sn@zzy backpack you're wearing. You'll be the coolest kid in school."
    It's censored because it sort of looks like the other word for arse. The kindergarten kids who frequent this forum would be scarred for life.

I like Kaep and his style of play is exciting. Rather see an NFC team win anyway. But being a Rutgers student I would not mind seeing Ray Rice get a ring either. I guess I don't really care who wins the SB but I sure as hell will be watching.

He was never found innocent, there were never any charges and he paid a civil case settlement to the families involved. Therefore, I guess we're going to have to agree to disagree on this subject.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BurnerNYG View Post
    Before I was a Giants fan as a kid, all I remember is Joe Montana, Ronnie Lott and Jerry Rice. It seemed like they were in Superbowl every year. I remember my mom throwing parties and watching the games. I liked San Fran until my big cuz moved from New York and introduced me to the NFC East.

I didn't know a whole lot about football back then but I was definitely interested in the sport. I fell in love with the Gmen when they beat Buffalo in the Superbowl... it was a helluva game with a spectacular finish and Whitney Houston singing the National Anthem gave me goosebumps. With all that being said, I have history with the Niners so I'll be rooting for them.

As far as the people talking about Ray Lewis and that murder case... he was found innocent and he seems like a genuine, God fearing man. If he wins I wouldn't be that disappointed but what upsets me is people judging him after he was already judged in a court of law and proven innocent. Stop trying to play God because none of us knows what happened that night BUT God.
    He wasnt proven innocent in a court of law. He was given a plea bargin in exchange for testifying against his buddies. You are correct that nobody here knows what happened that night, but you dont destroy evidence and lie to the cops if you are innocent. Just sayin...

+ Reply to Thread