+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Brady better retire soon

Quote Originally Posted by JPP View Post
    Plus they haven't been as good since spygate and that is very indicative as to how it helped them.
    Yeah, good point. What's Brady's record since Spygate? Around 70-20?

You're right, what a drop-off...

Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    Didn't Tom Brady just take his team a lot further than Eli Manning took us this year?
    agreed.....be nice to be the #1 seed for a change instead of having to do everything the impossible way

I don't think Brady should retire nor do I think he's anything lower than really good, but I want the media to forever STOP calling him the next Montana. That's all I want. Brady is NOT the greatest of all time, and he should stop strutting around like he is, since it just makes him look like a major ******.

Yeah. He led his team to the AFC Championship Game this year while our QB led ours to watching the playoff from home this year.
    as a fan...............i think i might like to see my team not make the playoffs than lose in the championship game.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by easterbeast View Post
    as a fan...............i think i might like to see my team not make the playoffs than lose in the championship game.
    Not me. If we make playoffs and lose it is better than not making them.

Didn't Tom Brady just take his team a lot further than Eli Manning took us this year?
    Eli and the Offense averaged almost 30 pts a game.....the Giants D was ranked 31'st!
    Let's not forget that the reason why Eli has become so proficient at the "4th QTR comeback" is because this D hasn't been able to hold leads for years!
    Don't blame Eli just because he had a few bad games this year and couldn't pull a rabbit out of his hat every time.
    Considering how many times he got the D out of hot water over the years and covered for their lousy days...it would have been nice if just once this season, the D could have returned the favor and held an opponent close, to give Eli and the O a fighting chance.

I bet if Brady's records in the last 10 years were with the Giants, most of us would be calling for his head. Losing the perfect season was kind of unforgivable. I think people should put themselves in other fans' shoes and really think seriously before thinking it is greener on the other side just because you make the playoffs every year. Since when making the playoffs became the ultimate prize? All it is is a chance to play for the trophy, but it ain't the trophy itself. Seriously, will you be happy going to the playoffs virtually every year, getting so close, and still fall short? I highly doubt so!

The Pats aren't good since Spygate? Brady isn't one of the greatest of all time?

You guys must have found a really good stash this weekend, because no sane, sober person would say those things, much less truly believe them. If I'm reading some of these responses correctly, some of you would rather the Giants miss the playoffs completely, rather than get so close repeatedly and lose.

I cant even.....fathom....that thought process, because it hurts my brain just to read it

Quote Originally Posted by Die-Hard View Post
    The Pats aren't good since Spygate? Brady isn't one of the greatest of all time?

You guys must have found a really good stash this weekend, because no sane, sober person would say those things, much less truly believe them. If I'm reading some of these responses correctly, some of you would rather the Giants miss the playoffs completely, rather than get so close repeatedly and lose.

I cant even.....fathom....that thought process, because it hurts my brain just to read it
    No, you would rather have two Super Bowls in the last 5 years than get to the playoffs virtually every year and not winning one. The point is that people will not be happy just getting to the playoffs. If we make the playoffs every year for the last 10 years and never winning one, people will be pissed, esp after squandering the perfect season. I am not even supposing, you can just read the Pats message board every time they get eliminated in the playoffs and read how frustrated they are.

I would like to get to the playoffs every year, but I ain't trading 2 Super Bowls for 10 years of playoff appearance with no Super Bowls.

They've won three and been to five - how on earth can that be seen as a negative?

+ Reply to Thread