+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Brady better retire soon

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty192 View Post
    Isn't it the endgame that matters? Not how you prod along to get there? So you have to be a little inconvenienced by watching the Giants get steamrolled or whatever. Nothing in the NFL is perfect. All that matters is getting to the top of that mountain. And TC has done just that. Twice. I ain't complaining.

As for the niners, its gonna be pretty hard for them to keep all those 1st round picks in about a year. They pretty much blew the best chance they'll have in a while.
    I'm saying how we get there is a hit or miss thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    I don't believe the players are worn out and tired, for the last 9 years in the exact same time. Which is usually after the bye week. Yeah, the players are tired after getting a week off lol.

The problem with the "if they can get to the end of the year" theory is the "if" part. Like I said, it's a hit or a miss thing. If you like that sort of thing then that's fine, I personally would rather see a more consistent team and I'm sure he would too.
    Whether you believe it or not, thats the case. The bye isnt always at the end of the season. Thats when they collapse. The bye helped us for a game or two this year, and then we went right back to sucking due to some critical injuries.

Whether you believe it or not, thats the case. The bye isnt always at the end of the season. Thats when they collapse. The bye helped us for a game or two this year, and then we went right back to sucking due to some critical injuries.
    We collapse in the middle of the season, all.the.time.

We collapse in the middle of the season, all.the.time.
    yup middle/end of the season pretty much.

TC drives things home and instills it into the players so much that they eventually become numb to it. The players have said as much. but at the end of it all if key guys are healthy, all the preparation that Coughlin has drilled into their brains benefits them more than any team in the league and the Giants become unbeatable. If it didn't work, he'd be fired 6 years ago.

yup middle/end of the season pretty much.

TC drives things home and instills it into the players so much that they eventually become numb to it. The players have said as much. but at the end of it all if key guys are healthy, all the preparation that Coughlin has drilled into their brains benefits them more than any team in the league and the Giants become unbeatable. If it didn't work, he'd be fired 6 years ago.
    It's a hit or miss.

Hell I'm not complaining about the SB's, but I have every right to complain when it doesn't work.

lol that's what being a fan is all about: whining about stuff.

Believe me, I'm hoping and praying we make the playoffs next season. but I'll take these last few roller-coaster ride years because bottom line, we got it done.

lol that's what being a fan is all about: whining about stuff.

Believe me, I'm hoping and praying we make the playoffs next season. but I'll take these last few roller-coaster ride years because bottom line, we got it done.
    I'm okay with games like the Green Bay game in the 2011 regular season. We played hard and almost won that game.

I won't accept games like the Atlanta and the Baltimore games, absolute no shows. I don't care how many Super Bowls we've won in what time span.

I'm okay with games like the Green Bay game in the 2011 regular season. We played hard and almost won that game.

I won't accept games like the Atlanta and the Baltimore games, absolute no shows. I don't care how many Super Bowls we've won in what time span.
    No ones saying we should be happy with those games. I didn't like is how they pulled our biggest spark in David Wilson twice for those games after he was tearing it up. I'll never figure out that one. Made a definite impact in us getting blown out imo.

Banned
    So maybe we need to ask ourselves, it is better to be dominant all season and then lose in bitter fashion? But we can hang our hat on being so dominating right? No, you lost. I'd rather be average and then make something happen to win it all. Hello Baltimore. Not to be this juggernaut that gets smacked in the face and then folds leaving their fans to feel like trash every year. That's exactly what SF has done, and the window is closing for them.
    Are you kidding me? We did that this last season. We won SuperBowl the previous season and then came out and got outplayed up and down in our home opener. It was humiliating. This season was an embarrassment to NY Giants football.

How has that been exactly what San Francisco did this year? They lost a very close SuperBowl. Their fans shouldn’t feel like trash. I know I didn’t feel like trash when we lost to Baltimore Ravens in SuperBowl XXXV.

NE Patriots made it to SuperBowl XLVI and they made it to AFC Championship Game this year. To state that they are slipping or failures or that Tom Brady should soon retire is an assinine statement. Granted, we all love Eli Manning but all this hoopla about him being better than Tom Brady is nonsense. As far as the clutch factor goes, some of you may have forgotten but Tom Brady still has more SuperBowl wins than any other active QB in NFL right now and he is still playing the position better than anyone in the game right now. Why should he retire?

Banned
    But we are either average, get hot and win it all, or average..and then miss the playoffs entirely. That's a little extreme don't you think?
    San Fran is relatively young, what window are you talking about?

I don't know about you guys, but mediocrity is stupid.
    Mediocrity is stupid but settling for mediocrity because “we will turn it up when it counts” is as pathetic as it is stupid.

I have no clue what window folks are talking about in regard to San Francisco 49ers because they are a young team with a young QB that looks like he may just be an exact clone of Steve Young, only with tattoos. That team will be competittive for awhile. NE Patriots are a reatively young team too. Granted, Tom Brady is 36 but they have a young defense that will get better and they have a lot of young starters on offense. They will be competittive for the next 5-6 years.

+ Reply to Thread