+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    9-7 is mediocre. I don't care if it's over .500. Not making the playoffs is mediocre as well.

If you think they are successful, that's fine.

And Tom Brady is Tom Brady lol.
    I dont think thats success lol. but I wouldn't say its mediocre either. Mediocre is like not having a chance to even get 5 wins.

But if you want to call it that then that's your prerogative.

Quote Originally Posted by Die-Hard View Post
    Are you kidding with SF? They are so young, and finally have a coach that knows how to get them playing well, yet their window is closing? It doesn't make a lick of sense. They are loaded with talent across the board. Thinking they wont make it back to where they were for a while is a ridiculously misguided statement.
    They aren't gonna be able to afford all the FA's that make their team great. Any 49er fan will admit, these past two years were their best shot. It is extremely hard to get back to the SB after losing it as probability has shown. The Pats made it back after 5 years, taking advantage of an extremely weak AFC. SF doesn't have that luxury. Seattle is on the rise and poses a huge threat within the division. The Seahawks creamed them last year. The Packers, Falcons, Seahawks, Giants, Saints, Bears, heck even the Redskins are all threats in the playoffs and hungry. It's not that much of a ridiculous statement as one would assume. The niners won't just coast back. Also they might not be as lucky with having hardly any injuries throughout the season like they did this past season.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty192 View Post
    Except we haven't had seasons of mediocrity and this thread is actually about Tom Brady. lol
    We haven't?

News to me

I guess it depends on the use of the word lol

Ask yourself in the 2007 season, would you want to be 18-1? How much would you trade for a 19-0 season if you are in the brink of it? Would you rather make all the playoffs for the next 5 years or win that perfect season?

My only point is that if you put yourselves in a Patriots fan's shoes, you won't be happy with just making the playoffs for so many years, being so close and not winning the whole thing. I believe there will be more frustration than the frustration people feel now. I can honestly say I would be extremely frustrated and would have been depressed for a couple of days if we had a chance for a perfect season and squandered it and that that loss would have always lived with me. I'm glad we were not at the receiving end of that loss. And I have to admit, being the underdog and robbing them of the perfect season was such an amazing feeling. It makes me happy every time I think of it.

There is a disappointment because we don't make the playoffs every year, and that disappointment comes from the fact that we have two recent Super Bowls so people have high expectations. But hey it's so much better than be in a "given up" state or "acceptance" state where failure is just a norm and you suck it up. Like being an Eagles fan, I would say you probably have hopes (some high) start of every season, but when you ultimately fail to win that trophy, it's just business usual, and you're just able to accept it easily because there was never precedence of success. In other words, this could have been the dark days of the 90s for us, but it is not and we have higher expectations, thus probably more disappointment. If you do ask yourselves honestly, I don't think you'd like to be the Patriots fan for most of these last 10 years either because I don't know of any fan who will just be happy of making every playoffs and not winning one. I do think among all fans, we probably have the best experience these last few years because we've won two and made the best of our opportunities given how precarious our chances to get there in the first place. If you think there is another team who's had better than us in the last five years, lemme know.
    Last edited by AllHailEli; 02-16-2013 at 10:36 AM.

Its obvious Gronk is the most important part of that team. WIth him they might be close to unstopable, without him they are average.

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    Didn't Tom Brady just take his team a lot further than Eli Manning took us this year?
    And what did that get him? NOTHING!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty192 View Post
    They aren't gonna be able to afford all the FA's that make their team great. Any 49er fan will admit, these past two years were their best shot. It is extremely hard to get back to the SB after losing it as probability has shown. The Pats made it back after 5 years, taking advantage of an extremely weak AFC. .
    If the AFC is so weak then how did Baltimore Ravens (AFC team) win SuperBowl XLVII?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pokerpunk View Post
    And what did that get him? NOTHING!
    No. It got him and NE Patriots to AFC Champioship Game. That is quite an accomplishment.