+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 109

Thread: Brady better retire soon

  1. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty192 View Post
    I'm now convinced that you have a severe Brady obsession, and are the most flip-floppy 'Eli homer' ever.
    I am now convinced that you know nothong about football.Our team did not even make it to playoffs and folks are making threads that a QB that just took his team to AFC Championship should retire. So, should Eli retire for not getting us to playoffs?

  2. #12
    Veteran Rusty192's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Chad
    Posts
    3,890
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    I am now convinced that you know nothong about football.Our team did not even make it to playoffs and folks are making threads that a QB that just took his team to AFC Championship should retire. So, should Eli retire for not getting us to playoffs?
    No offense, but what I said has nothing to do with "knowing anything about football." You definitely have a huge man-crush on Brady, and overreact about anything involving him.

  3. #13
    Veteran ELI_HOF_NYG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    allentown,pa
    Posts
    1,702
    the days of brady and the pats having this air of invincibility are long gone,,they are ripe for the picking on any given sunday.

  4. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty192 View Post
    No offense, but what I said has nothing to do with "knowing anything about football." You definitely have a huge man-crush on Brady, and overreact about anything involving him.
    No I don't. It is just overwhelmingly stupid how folks seem to always cry about how "Brady is done" and "Brady needs to retire" etc....etc.......... everytime he doesn't win a game. Tom Brady just had a better regular season than our QB has ever had and our fans are starting threads that he should retire because he lost a playoff game?

    Going by the OPs logic, should Eli retire because he has failed 2 times now to successfully defend our SuperBowl Title? I can answer both by stating that no Tom Brady should not retire and no, Eli Manning should not retire.


    While we are on the subject, should Peyton Manning retire after pulling another epic playoff choke this year?

  5. #15
    The Patriots are the globetrotters of the AFC East, they fluff their winning percentage every year with that powderpuff schedule, and then get exposed against battle tested teams in the playoffs.

    Granted, Brady is a great QB and Belichick is a great coach, but their ridiculous records each year are skewed. For instance, in '11 they went 13-3 but didn't defeat a single team that would finish above .500 until edging the Ravens in the AFC championship. The 2 teams that they faced that would finish above .500, they lost to in succession before winning out the rest of the regular season.

    This is reminiscent of '07 in that they scored at a record setting pace, but were brought back down to reality in the playoffs. 13 points at home?

  6. #16
    Their lack of a defense keeps killing them, they can't stop anyone.

  7. #17
    Administrator Die-Hard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,827
    Are people seriously questioning the Patriots and/or Brady? They are practically guaranteed to be contenders each and every season. So they lost a playoff game. Every team loses games. Should the entire NFL fold?

    Come on

  8. #18

  9. #19
    All-Pro TroyArcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    5,154
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    I am now convinced that you know nothong about football.Our team did not even make it to playoffs and folks are making threads that a QB that just took his team to AFC Championship should retire. So, should Eli retire for not getting us to playoffs?
    I was joking but in case you have not noticed Eli has 2 SB trophies and MVP's in the past 6 years and I believe Brady has not won a SB in 10 years.

  10. #20
    All-Pro TroyArcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    5,154
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    No I don't. It is just overwhelmingly stupid how folks seem to always cry about how "Brady is done" and "Brady needs to retire" etc....etc.......... everytime he doesn't win a game. Tom Brady just had a better regular season than our QB has ever had and our fans are starting threads that he should retire because he lost a playoff game?

    Going by the OPs logic, should Eli retire because he has failed 2 times now to successfully defend our SuperBowl Title? I can answer both by stating that no Tom Brady should not retire and no, Eli Manning should not retire.


    While we are on the subject, should Peyton Manning retire after pulling another epic playoff choke this year?
    I was being sarcastic but trying to make a point that Brady has ultimately failed for quite some time when it comes to winning the ultimate goal of the SuperBowl. Your hatred of the Manning's is quite transparent.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts