+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Brady better retire soon

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Yeah, good point. What's Brady's record since Spygate? Around 70-20?You're right, what a drop-off...
    How many rings he got since?

Quote Originally Posted by GentleGiant View Post
    Rings are great, and I think our organization in terms of winning Super Bowls recently, we have the edge on the Patriots.

As far as consistently competing for one, and being in the race each and every year, that's not even a debate.

Banned
    Well, five QBs, Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, Ben Rothlisberger and Eli Manning (2), have won Rings since SpyGate.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Rings are great, and I think our organization in terms of winning Super Bowls recently, we have the edge on the Patriots.

As far as consistently competing for one, and being in the race each and every year, that's not even a debate.
    NE Patriots are in it the playoffs each and every year since SpyGate when TB has played the full season and that speaks volumes. They have a great organization, a great team and I will give credit where it is due.

I believe in Eli.
    Quote Originally Posted by mercurio View Post
    JR is the GIANTS GM as TC is the coach and Eli is the QB. Support them.
    Couldn't have said it better.

He is in the running for one each and every year. Not going to win a ring sitting home on the couch, watching other teams play. You can pretty much write the Pats into one of the playoff scenarios in September, when the season starts, because odds are that they're going to be in the mix. Even though Eli has 2 rings, you can not say the same for him and the Giants. Those 2 rings did nothing to help them this past season, did they?

People put so much emphasis on rings, and completely lose sight of everything else. Was Dan Marino not a good QB? He doesn't have any rings. They're nice, but not at all a measure of how good a QB/Team is.

Think about it like this: The Patriots have a chance to win the Super Bowl every year. Nobody even knows if we are going to make the playoffs sometimes.

Think about it like this: The Patriots have a chance to win the Super Bowl every year. Nobody even knows if we are going to make the playoffs sometimes.
    Except we were the ones who won when we played them.

but I'd rather be a Pats fan... Moral victories for the win!
    Last edited by Rusty192; 02-10-2013 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty192 View Post
    Except we were the ones who won when we played them. but I'd rather be a Pats fan... Moral victories or the win!
    Moral victories are when you lose but feel as if there was something special behind that loss.

Moral victories are when you lose but feel as if there was something special behind that loss.
    Yeah, so that means all the Pats playoff games that they lost in. Cuz hey, they made the playoffs right?

At the start of the season, pretty much every team has a shot at the Lombardi. I bet you Pats fans would trade a few of their post season appearances for an actual SB to show for it. Heck I guarantee you Eagles fans would. Reid always had them in.

+ Reply to Thread