+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty192 View Post
    Yeah, so that means all the Pats playoff games that they lost in. Cuz hey, they made the playoffs right?At the start of the season, pretty much every team has a shot at the Lombardi. I bet you Pats fans would trade a few of their post season appearances for an actual SB to show for it. Heck I guarantee you Eagles fans would. Reid always had them in.
    I'm talking about winning games you need to win in order to get to that point. The Patriots lose playoff games because they play better teams, they aren't battle tested like we are when we get in. My point is, the more games you win in the regular season, the better chance you have at getting into the playoffs. 9-7 isn't going to do that every year.
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    I'm talking about winning games you need to win in order to get to that point. The Patriots lose playoff games because they play better teams, they aren't battle tested like we are when we get in. My point is, the more games you win in the regular season, the better chance you have at getting into the playoffs. 9-7 isn't going to do that every year.
    The way we've been doing it lately has worked out fine lol. I dont care about accolades or whatever, I want that trophy.

The way we've been doing it lately has worked out fine lol. I dont care about accolades or whatever, I want that trophy.
    Well in order to get to that trophy, you have to learn to play hard for 60 minutes, all 16 games, no?

Well in order to get to that trophy, you have to learn to play hard for 60 minutes, all 16 games, no?
    yup but sometimes you just......lose. Thats football. There are things you just cant control

yup but sometimes you just......lose. Thats football. There are things you just cant control
    Ah true,

Problem is we have a habit of "losing" in the same area for the last 9 or so years. So it's a hit or miss thing. What's scary about it is, it seems mental. Like they are expecting a second half collapse.

Ah true,

Problem is we have a habit of "losing" in the same area for the last 9 or so years. So it's a hit or miss thing. What's scary about it is, it seems mental. Like they are expecting a second half collapse.
    I think health plays a big part in it. When our guys came back form injuries, we made a run for the ages.

I think health plays a big part in it. When our guys came back form injuries, we made a run for the ages.
    Hmm..so our second half collapses are always due to injury?

Hmm..so our second half collapses are always due to injury?
    uhhh no. I said they have a lot to do with whether we go into the playoffs on fire, or whimper to close out the season.

The collapses are caused because TC puts such a toll on players that at the end of the season they are all spent mentally and physically. It toughens them up, but you have to have healthy players to be able to make a push for the SB. This year we didn't. Hence the failure.

uhhh no. I said they have a lot to do with whether we go into the playoffs on fire, or whimper to close out the season.

The collapses are caused because TC puts such a toll on players that at the end of the season they are all spent mentally and physically. It toughens them up, but you have to have healthy players to be able to make a push for the SB. This year we didn't. Hence the failure.
    We should be playing with fire every game. Not just in December.

Banned
    I find it hilarious that folks continue to live in the past. Yes, it is good that we won 2 SuperBowls in 5 years but it wasn’t like we turned it on and then blew everyone out in those 2 playoff runs. In our first run, we intercepted Romo in the endzone at the end of the game to stop Dallas. We went to overtime to beat
    Green Bay Packers because Lawrence Tynes missed 2 field goals that he should’ve made. We needed Eli Manning to have one of the greatest 4th quarters in SuperBowl history to win SB XLII. In our 2nd run, we went to overtime to beat San Francisco 49ers and we had to have a last minute drive in the 4th
    quarter of SuperBowl XLVI to win. Also, Wes Welkers drop was huge in that game.

Our players on both defense and offense stepped up and played great in both of our SuperBowl runs. Granted, JR has an eye for talent and drafts well but there is no way that winning that way was planned nor should it be expected. This last season, Victor Cruz made a comment around week 14 or 15 about
    how now is the time that "NY Giants pick it up and play our best football, it is what we always do.” It is not what we always do. It is something we have
    done twice in 10 years. Fortunately, it ended up in SuperBowl victories for us but it is not something that should be counted on or expected. This past
    season, it seemed that folks expected NY Giants to just roll over people at the end of the year and make the playoffs and that is ridiculous to expect that. Just as it is ridiculous to expect our offense to flourish with the garbage OC that we have.
    The very question of wheter or not Tom Brady should retire because he is slipping is an outrageously stupid one. Okay, he lost in AFC Championship Game but he had a better regular season than our QB ever has. He got his team to AFC Championship Game. That is a successful season. Heck, if folks want to continue about how not winning SuperBowls or having dissapointing playoff runs are an indication of the QB slipping then where are the threads that Peyton Manning, one of the biggest playoff chokers of all time, needs to retire immediately?
    Last edited by BuffyBlueII; 02-10-2013 at 02:45 PM.