+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Brady better retire soon

Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    I find it hilarious that folks continue to live in the past. Yes, it is good that we won 2 SuperBowls in 5 years but it wasn’t like we turned it on and then blew everyone out in those 2 playoff runs. In our first run, we intercepted Romo in the endzone at the end of the game to stop Dallas. We went to overtime to beat
    Green Bay Packers because Lawrence Tynes missed 2 field goals that he should’ve made. We needed Eli Manning to have one of the greatest 4th quarters in SuperBowl history to win SB XLII. In our 2nd run, we went to overtime to beat San Francisco 49ers and we had to have a last minute drive in the 4th
    quarter of SuperBowl XLVI to win. Also, Wes Welkers drop was huge in that game.

Our players on both defense and offense stepped up and played great in both of our SuperBowl runs. Granted, JR has an eye for talent and drafts well but there is no way that winning that way was planned nor should it be expected. This last season, Victor Cruz made a comment around week 14 or 15 about
    how now is the time that "NY Giants pick it up and play our best football, it is what we always do.” It is not what we always do. It is something we have
    done twice in 10 years. Fortunately, it ended up in SuperBowl victories for us but it is not something that should be counted on or expected. This past
    season, it seemed that folks expected NY Giants to just roll over people at the end of the year and make the playoffs and that is ridiculous.
    Thank you!

Look, I wouldn't trade 2 Sb's in 5 years for anything, I'm not saying that. I'm saying you can't really say that the Giants had more success than the Patriots because of just those 2 SB's, the Patriots have the opportunity to win one every year. Will they? probably not, do they have more of a chance? YES. Sloppy division helps, but so does consistent play Do we have a chance ? Well yeah, but in order to do so, we have to get "hot at the right time" That's ridiculous to me.

Here's the problem: We have the talent, and the personnel to play some good football and make the playoffs each and every year. For whatever reason, we almost ALWAYS shoot ourselves in the foot and go on to lose 4 or 5 games in a row.
    I thought we had something special!!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Thank you!

Look, I wouldn't trade 2 Sb's in 5 years for anything, I'm not saying that. I'm saying you can't really say that the Giants had more success than the Patriots because of just those 2 SB's, the Patriots have the opportunity to win one every year. Will they? probably not, do they have more of a chance? YES. Sloppy division helps, but so does consistent play Do we have a chance ? Well yeah, but in order to do so, we have to get "hot at the right time" That's ridiculous to me.

Here's the problem: We have the talent, and the personnel to play some good football and make the playoffs each and every year. For whatever reason, we almost ALWAYS shoot ourselves in the foot and go on to lose 4 or 5 games in a row.
    It was so evident in Baltimore Ravens and Atlanta Falcons games that we needed to win. Although Baltimore had lost three straight they came out fired up for all those games and they came out fired up for us too and then they steamrolled us. Atlanta didn’t even give us a chance to breathe and hammered us. NY Giants are so inconsistent because we don’t show up with the same intensity week in and week out. Heck, we had Tuck making public statements about how “Eli will bail us out and keep RG III on the sidelines” and that effects not just the entire mentality of our defense as well as idiot offensive coordinator but it pumps up the other team. Heck, Baltimore and Pittsburgh defenses went after RG III like rabid dogs,they stayed true to their style of play. We have no consistent style of play and that is a big problem. I am glad that JR is cleaning house and I hope that he gets rid of some more folks while he is at it. The attitude of “play when we need to” and “play when we want” is not going to fly for success in NFL. Yeah I know people are going to keep bringing up 2 SuperBowls in 5 years over and over but enough is enough. It is awesome that we won those SuperBowls but to turn around and lay down the way we did this season was disgusting. It started with JR allowing Osi to extort him and then Osi went out with his usual play when he wanted to attitude. Heck, look at how overweight JPP was during the regular season, it was an embarrassment. The guy was at least 10 pounds lighter during the pro bowl, a month later. It is evident the attitude of some of the older guys, paritcularly Tuck and Osi has rubbed off on him.

We have SuperBowls and that is great. NE Patriots have a team that gives their all, week in and week out no matter what and we don’t have that. The strength of division is the strength of the division. The strength of the schedule is the strength of the schedule and I think too much emphasis is put on both.
    Last edited by BuffyBlueII; 02-10-2013 at 03:30 PM.

We should be playing with fire every game. Not just in December.
    We do. October is one of our best months. December is actually one of our worst. That's the price we pay with TC as our coach. It has brought us great things. People just need to live with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty192 View Post
    We do. October is one of our best months. December is actually one of our worst. That's the price we pay with TC as our coach. It has brought us great things. People just need to live with it.
    I disagree. We do not play with fire each and every game. I never said we play well in December.

And he's not settling for that. He's actually trying to find answers for our inconsistent play, not just saying "oh well, that's how I roll, LIVE WITH IT".

I find it hilarious that folks continue to live in the past. Yes, it is good that we won 2 SuperBowls in 5 years but it wasn’t like we turned it on and then blew everyone out in those 2 playoff runs. In our first run, we intercepted Romo in the endzone at the end of the game to stop Dallas. We went to overtime to beat
    Green Bay Packers because Lawrence Tynes missed 2 field goals that he should’ve made. We needed Eli Manning to have one of the greatest 4th quarters in SuperBowl history to win SB XLII. In our 2nd run, we went to overtime to beat San Francisco 49ers and we had to have a last minute drive in the 4th
    quarter of SuperBowl XLVI to win. Also, Wes Welkers drop was huge in that game.

Our players on both defense and offense stepped up and played great in both of our SuperBowl runs. Granted, JR has an eye for talent and drafts well but there is no way that winning that way was planned nor should it be expected. This last season, Victor Cruz made a comment around week 14 or 15 about
    how now is the time that "NY Giants pick it up and play our best football, it is what we always do.” It is not what we always do. It is something we have
    done twice in 10 years. Fortunately, it ended up in SuperBowl victories for us but it is not something that should be counted on or expected. This past
    season, it seemed that folks expected NY Giants to just roll over people at the end of the year and make the playoffs and that is ridiculous to expect that. Just as it is ridiculous to expect our offense to flourish with the garbage OC that we have.
    The very question of wheter or not Tom Brady should retire because he is slipping is an outrageously stupid one. Okay, he lost in AFC Championship Game but he had a better regular season than our QB ever has. He got his team to AFC Championship Game. That is a successful season. Heck, if folks want to continue about how not winning SuperBowls or having dissapointing playoff runs are an indication of the QB slipping then where are the threads that Peyton Manning, one of the biggest playoff chokers of all time, needs to retire immediately?
    So maybe we need to ask ourselves, it is better to be dominant all season and then lose in bitter fashion? But we can hang our hat on being so dominating right? No, you lost. I'd rather be average and then make something happen to win it all. Hello Baltimore. Not to be this juggernaut that gets smacked in the face and then folds leaving their fans to feel like trash every year. That's exactly what SF has done, and the window is closing for them.

It was so evident in Baltimore Ravens and Atlanta Falcons games that we needed to win. Although Baltimore had lost three straight they came out fired up for all those games and they came out fired up for us too and then they steamrolled us. Atlanta didn’t even give us a chance to breathe and hammered us. NY Giants are so inconsistent because we don’t show up with the same intensity week in and week out. Heck, we had Tuck making public statements about how “Eli will bail us out and keep RG III on the sidelines” and that effects not just the entire mentality of our defense as well as idiot offensive coordinator but it pumps up the other team. Heck, Baltimore and Pittsburgh defenses went after RG III like rabid dogs,they stayed true to their style of play. We have no consistent style of play and that is a big problem. I am glad that JR is cleaning house and I hope that he gets rid of some more folks while he is at it. The attitude of “play when we need to” and “play when we want” is not going to fly for success in NFL. Yeah I know people are going to keep bringing up 2 SuperBowls in 5 years over and over but enough is enough. It is awesome that we won those SuperBowls but to turn around and lay down the way we did this was disgusting. It started with JR allowing Osi to extort him and then Osi went out with his usual play when he wanted to attitude. Heck, look at how overweight JPP was during the regular season, it was an embarrassment. The guy was at least 10 pounds lighter during the pro bowl, a month later.

We have SuperBowls and that is great. NE Patriots have a team that gives their all, week in and week out no matter what and we don’t have that. The strength of division is the strength of the division. The strength of the schedule is the strength of the schedule and I think too much emphasis is put on both.
    Right.

I'm not crying about going 15-1 every year, but beating a team 52-27, then losing 34-0 the VERY NEXT WEEK, is insane to me. Really?

So maybe we need to ask ourselves, it is better to be dominant all season and then lose in bitter fashion? But we can hang our hat on being so dominating right? No, you lost. I'd rather be average and then make something happen to win it all. Hello Baltimore. Not to be this juggernaut that gets smacked in the face and then folds leaving their fans to feel like trash every year. That's exactly what SF has done, and the window is closing for them.
    But we are either average, get hot and win it all, or average..and then miss the playoffs entirely. That's a little extreme don't you think?
    San Fran is relatively young, what window are you talking about?

I don't know about you guys, but mediocrity is stupid.

I disagree. We do not play with fire each and every game. I never said we play well in December.

And he's not settling for that. He's actually trying to find answers for our inconsistent play, not just saying "oh well, that's how I roll, LIVE WITH IT".
    He doesn't have "answers" because he's not gonna come out and say: "oh yeah, the players are all worn out and tired" nor will the players say this. Coughlin's methods breed success, but also wear down on the team mentally. It's if they can get to the end of the year unscathed mentally, and physically, that will determine whether they succeed or not.

He doesn't have "answers" because he's not gonna come out and say: "oh yeah, the players are all worn out and tired" nor will the players say this. Coughlin's methods breed success, but also wear down on the team mentally. It's if they can get to the end of the year unscathed mentally, and physically, that will determine whether they succeed or not.
    I don't believe the players are worn out and tired, for the last 9 years in the exact same time. Which is usually after the bye week. Yeah, the players are tired after getting a week off lol.

The problem with the "if they can get to the end of the year" theory is the "if" part. Like I said, it's a hit or a miss thing. If you like that sort of thing then that's fine, I personally would rather see a more consistent team and I'm sure he would too.

But we are either average, get hot and win it all, or average..and then miss the playoffs entirely. That's a little extreme don't you think?
    San Fran is relatively young, what window are you talking about?

I don't know about you guys, but mediocrity is stupid.
    Isn't it the endgame that matters? Not how you prod along to get there? So you have to be a little inconvenienced by watching the Giants get steamrolled or whatever. Nothing in the NFL is perfect. All that matters is getting to the top of that mountain. And TC has done just that. Twice. I ain't complaining.

As for the niners, its gonna be pretty hard for them to keep all those 1st round picks in about a year. They pretty much blew the best chance they'll have in a while.

+ Reply to Thread