+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 109

Thread: Brady better retire soon

  1. #81
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    I'm okay with games like the Green Bay game in the 2011 regular season. We played hard and almost won that game.

    I won't accept games like the Atlanta and the Baltimore games, absolute no shows. I don't care how many Super Bowls we've won in what time span.
    I agree 100%. Falling back on the “but we won SuperBowl last year” argument to excuse no show play is ridiculous.

  2. #82
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty192 View Post
    Whether you believe it or not, thats the case. The bye isnt always at the end of the season. Thats when they collapse. The bye helped us for a game or two this year, and then we went right back to sucking due to some critical injuries.
    We went right back to sucking because a lot of our players were no shows. They didn’t even show up to play. 34-0 to Atlanta had nothing to do with injuries, it had to do with lack of heart. Yeah, I know we knocked them out of playoffs the prior season but you know what? They effectively took our playoff chances out of our hands this season so last year’s win means nothing.

  3. #83
    Veteran Rusty192's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Chad
    Posts
    3,890
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    Are you kidding me? We did that this last season. We won SuperBowl the previous season and then came out and got outplayed up and down in our home opener. It was humiliating. This season was an embarrassment to NY Giants football.

    How has that been exactly what San Francisco did this year? They lost a very close SuperBowl. Their fans shouldn’t feel like trash. I know I didn’t feel like trash when we lost to Baltimore Ravens in SuperBowl XXXV.

    NE Patriots made it to SuperBowl XLVI and they made it to AFC Championship Game this year. To state that they are slipping or failures or that Tom Brady should soon retire is an assinine statement. Granted, we all love Eli Manning but all this hoopla about him being better than Tom Brady is nonsense. As far as the clutch factor goes, some of you may have forgotten but Tom Brady still has more SuperBowl wins than any other active QB in NFL right now and he is still playing the position better than anyone in the game right now. Why should he retire?
    yeah my point isn't about whether Tom is slipping or whatever.

    Also I wouldn't call this season an embarrassment exactly. It's not like were were 5-11 or anything. We did win the Super Bowl just the year before, and people can argue that past is the past till they are blue in the face, it still doesn't change that fact. It's hard to win SB's. It's called perspective guys. We should consider ourselves lucky. Yes, we failed to make the post-season, but you can't be winning everything every year. That's what makes the NFL so interesting and fun to watch.


    And yes, the 49ers fans do feel like crap. Just go on their boards. two years ago they made it to the NFCCG and the this year the SB and lost in both. That's got to kill you as a fan. Knowing how difficult it is to get to that point and then have it taken away. Many of them know they might not get that chance again for a long time.
    Last edited by Rusty192; 02-10-2013 at 04:25 PM.

  4. #84
    Veteran Rusty192's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Chad
    Posts
    3,890
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    We went right back to sucking because a lot of our players were no shows. They didn’t even show up to play. 34-0 to Atlanta had nothing to do with injuries, it had to do with lack of heart. Yeah, I know we knocked them out of playoffs the prior season but you know what? They effectively took our playoff chances out of our hands this season so last year’s win means nothing.
    Nicks injury really hurt us in those two games. Watch them again. He couldn't get any separation is was pretty sad. Nicks basically being a non factor: there goes our offense.

  5. #85
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    In Cruz' Basement, Hiding
    Posts
    31,002
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty192 View Post
    yeah my point isn't about whether Tom is slipping or whatever.

    Also I wouldn't call this season an embarrassment exactly. It's not like were were 5-11 or anything. We did win the Super Bowl just the year before, and people can argue that past is the past till they are blue in the face, it still doesn't change that fact. It's hard to win SB's. It's called perspective guys. We should consider ourselves lucky. Yes, we failed to make the post-season, but you can't be winning everything every year. That's what makes the NFL so interesting and fun to watch.


    And yes, the 49ers fans do feel like crap. Just go on their boards. two years ago they made it to the NFCCG and the this year the SB and lost in both. That's got to kill you as a fan. Knowing how difficult it is to get to that point and then have it taken away. Many of them know they might not get that chance again for a long time.
    Good post, but you're missing the point.

    The games that we are supposed to win, we lose. Most of the time we are unprepared, unfocused, and unmotivated. This is the problem with the team. Motivation only comes when our backs are against the wall, or when we are underdogs. Add injuries and we are spiraling down. Although the Patriots play in a crap division, they blow them out of the water almost each and every time they see them. Don't play down to their competition.

    I just want to see hard fought football played for 60 minutes, in all 16 games. Not the last 2 games of the season when we are 7-7 hoping for a playoff spot. We are way too talented for that.

    The whole "it's hard to win in this league" statement is getting old as well. Everyone knows that.
    Last edited by Rudyy; 02-10-2013 at 04:38 PM.

  6. #86
    Veteran Rusty192's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Chad
    Posts
    3,890
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Good post, but you're missing the point.
    I don't think I am really. My point here is have some perspective people. I hate it when we lose games. But we usually don't "play down" to our competition. that's basically a myth. Who cares if the game is close than it should have. If they win its all good. but outside of the Bengals who'd we lose to that was such an inferior opponent this year? I don't see it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    The whole "it's hard to win in this league" statement is getting old as well. Everyone knows that.
    Does that mean its not true tho?

  7. #87
    Administrator Die-Hard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,743
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty192 View Post
    yeah my point isn't about whether Tom is slipping or whatever.

    Also I wouldn't call this season an embarrassment exactly. It's not like were were 5-11 or anything. We did win the Super Bowl just the year before, and people can argue that past is the past till they are blue in the face, it still doesn't change that fact. It's hard to win SB's. It's called perspective guys. We should consider ourselves lucky. Yes, we failed to make the post-season, but you can't be winning everything every year. That's what makes the NFL so interesting and fun to watch.


    And yes, the 49ers fans do feel like crap. Just go on their boards. two years ago they made it to the NFCCG and the this year the SB and lost in both. That's got to kill you as a fan. Knowing how difficult it is to get to that point and then have it taken away. Many of them know they might not get that chance again for a long time.
    Are you kidding with SF? They are so young, and finally have a coach that knows how to get them playing well, yet their window is closing? It doesn't make a lick of sense. They are loaded with talent across the board. Thinking they wont make it back to where they were for a while is a ridiculously misguided statement.

    As for the Giants, maybe it's just me, but I'm a little tired iof watching them crap themselves and having to "turn it on when it counts" just to make the playoffs, which doesn't work half the time anyway. People are hanging their hats on the past and the prior SB wins, as if they'd rather bask in the glow of those instead of seeing them win another one. No one should be giving them a free pass. I dont expect them to win the SB every year because that would be stupidly unrealisitic, but I'd sure like to see them be a legitimate contender for one every year, and folding after week 8 each and every year is not going to make it likely. I saw a lot of folks crying about the media not giving them "enough" respect in the past couple of seasons. While some of the perceived disrespect was in fact a bit harsh, look at the numbers. Up and down, up and down.....a good team, or even a great team, doesn't allow that kind of performance, and no one who gets paid for their opinions is going to slobber all over a team who cant consistently play 2-3 games in a row with good results.

  8. #88
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    In Cruz' Basement, Hiding
    Posts
    31,002
    Quote Originally Posted by Die-Hard View Post
    Are you kidding with SF? They are so young, and finally have a coach that knows how to get them playing well, yet their window is closing? It doesn't make a lick of sense. They are loaded with talent across the board. Thinking they wont make it back to where they were for a while is a ridiculously misguided statement.

    As for the Giants, maybe it's just me, but I'm a little tired iof watching them crap themselves and having to "turn it on when it counts" just to make the playoffs, which doesn't work half the time anyway. People are hanging their hats on the past and the prior SB wins, as if they'd rather bask in the glow of those instead of seeing them win another one. No one should be giving them a free pass. I dont expect them to win the SB every year because that would be stupidly unrealisitic, but I'd sure like to see them be a legitimate contender for one every year, and folding after week 8 each and every year is not going to make it likely. I saw a lot of folks crying about the media not giving them "enough" respect in the past couple of seasons. While some of the perceived disrespect was in fact a bit harsh, look at the numbers. Up and down, up and down.....a good team, or even a great team, doesn't allow that kind of performance, and no one who gets paid for their opinions is going to slobber all over a team who cant consistently play 2-3 games in a row with good results.
    Yup.

  9. #89
    Administrator Die-Hard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,743
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    I just want to see hard fought football played for 60 minutes, in all 16 games. Not the last 2 games of the season when we are 7-7 hoping for a playoff spot. We are way too talented for that.
    .
    I agree with 99.9% of this. The only part I disagree with is the talent part. I honestly think a lot of us, as fans, have over-valued this team as far as talent goes. They are good, and they do have some great talent at certain positions, but overall, at least in my opinion, they really aren't that good of a football team, talent-wise, particularly on defense. Age has caught up to them in a big way, and whatever talent may have once been evident is not there anymore.

  10. #90
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Die-Hard View Post
    Are you kidding with SF? They are so young, and finally have a coach that knows how to get them playing well, yet their window is closing? It doesn't make a lick of sense. They are loaded with talent across the board. Thinking they wont make it back to where they were for a while is a ridiculously misguided statement. As for the Giants, maybe it's just me, but I'm a little tired iof watching them crap themselves and having to "turn it on when it counts" just to make the playoffs, which doesn't work half the time anyway. People are hanging their hats on the past and the prior SB wins, as if they'd rather bask in the glow of those instead of seeing them win another one. No one should be giving them a free pass. I dont expect them to win the SB every year because that would be stupidly unrealisitic, but I'd sure like to see them be a legitimate contender for one every year, and folding after week 8 each and every year is not going to make it likely. I saw a lot of folks crying about the media not giving them "enough" respect in the past couple of seasons. While some of the perceived disrespect was in fact a bit harsh, look at the numbers. Up and down, up and down.....a good team, or even a great team, doesn't allow that kind of performance, and no one who gets paid for their opinions is going to slobber all over a team who cant consistently play 2-3 games in a row with good results.
    +1Also if I may add, I would like to know that when on the rare occassions that I get a chance to overpay for a ticket to go to the game and then throw down 9 bucks per beer that my team shows up to play and give it effort.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts