+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: 4-3 LB, a dying breed ?

  1. #1
    All-Pro G-Men Surg.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Down south In Cowturd country
    Posts
    10,450

    4-3 LB, a dying breed ?

    With lots of school programs playing 3-4 D and hybrids systems scheming against wide spreed O's it seems every year finding a " true " 4-3 MLB gets more and more difficult. The talent level gap between Te'o and Ogletree and the rest of the MLB seems quite considerable. This is nothing new as we all know and have living proof on our team with Fewell running the 3 safety look often and relying less of a MLB in his system. This year isn't the exception with only Te'o and Ogletree worthy of 1st round pick and of course Te'p looks like he would battle to fit Fewell system and Ogletree a reach at 19. Another year without a " true MLB " ? Thougths?

  2. #2
    It wont happen but do you think the Giants have the personal to switch to a 3-4..?

    DT - Tuck / Canty
    NT - Lival
    OLB - JPP / Kiwi
    ILB - Blackburn?? / I have no idea

  3. #3
    All-Pro G-Men Surg.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Down south In Cowturd country
    Posts
    10,450
    I wasn't giving thought of changing to a 3-4 D bro just venting my frustration in the lack of talent year in and year out in the MLB position coming out of college and/or the " swing and miss " attitude the Giants have taken addressing our MLB position in recent years playing serviciable guys like Chase or experimenting for so long IMO with rookies or journeyman .

  4. #4
    Veteran ELI_HOF_NYG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    allentown,pa
    Posts
    1,685
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
    I wasn't giving thought of changing to a 3-4 D bro just venting my frustration in the lack of talent year in and year out in the MLB position coming out of college and/or the " swing and miss " attitude the Giants have taken addressing our MLB position in recent years playing serviciable guys like Chase or experimenting for so long IMO with rookies or journeyman .
    we really need to come away with a talented LB prospect in this year or next years draft. the two championship games today proved how important good linebackers really are. san fran's LB core is just absolutely filthy, I would love to have just one of them.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
    I wasn't giving thought of changing to a 3-4 D bro just venting my frustration in the lack of talent year in and year out in the MLB position coming out of college and/or the " swing and miss " attitude the Giants have taken addressing our MLB position in recent years playing serviciable guys like Chase or experimenting for so long IMO with rookies or journeyman .
    yea I got ya.. I was just thinking out loud I guess.. Giants are in a position to address the MLB in Ogletree at #19 or Te'o... eek

    I dont think Ogletree is a reach at all at #19.. He might actually be off the board when NY picks
    Last edited by Carter.525; 01-20-2013 at 11:18 PM.

  6. #6
    and yes.. it's been frustrating

  7. #7
    All-Pro G-Men Surg.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Down south In Cowturd country
    Posts
    10,450
    Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    we really need to come away with a talented LB prospect in this year or next years draft. the two championship games today proved how important good linebackers really are. san fran's LB core is just absolutely filthy, I would love to have just one of them.
    Who do you have in mind ?

  8. #8
    All-Pro G-Men Surg.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Down south In Cowturd country
    Posts
    10,450
    Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    yea I got ya.. I was just thinking out loud I guess.. Giants are in a position to address the MLB in Ogletree at #19 or Te'o... eek

    I dont think Ogletree is a reach at all at #19.. He might actually be off the board when NY picks
    Do you really think the Giants are pulling the trigger on Te'o or Ogletree ir available ?

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
    Do you really think the Giants are pulling the trigger on Te'o or Ogletree ir available ?
    I was shocked by the Wilson pick, but it was a need.. I think MLB is the biggest need

  10. #10
    I don't know why, but I think Manti is going to break down in a few seasons, ala Brian Bosworth.
    Ogletree is too light for MLB in a 4-3 in the pros, and we need a big upgrade there, but he's a danged good LB.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts