+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mach One

Mach One

1. S. Richardson, DT, Missouri.
    Unlikely he'll be there at 19, especially after he blows up the combine, but crazier things have happened. Maybe teams are scared by only one season of high level productivity and his light frame. Maybe teams picking before the NYG reach on QB, CB and DE. This kid is gonna be a star. (Canty -- $6+ M salary, 1.7M cap hit cut, Rodgers not resigned, Bernard not resigned).

2. B. Jones, C/G/T, Alabama
    Great kid with offensive line versatility. Teams will look at him as an interior lineman, and he falls due to devalued position. He starts at RG next year and possibly steps in to his more natural interior line position to replace Boothe/Snee eventually. (Boothe resigned, Beatty resigned, Locklear cut unless on the cheap, Diehl is a $3.5M hit but should be cut anyway).

3. T. Carradine, DE, Florida St.
    Torn ACL will cause him to miss all of the pre-draft workouts and possibly the start of next year. This is a blessing in disguise, as a likely first rounder falls to the NYG in the 3rd. He learns under Tuck for a year, and then replaces him. (Osi not resigned)

4. DJ Swearinger, S, South Carolina
    Hard-hitting SEC safety who offers scheme diversity and physicality. Natural safety who was asked to play CB at times at South Carolina. We'll live with 3 or 4 unnecessary roughness calls per year for the dozen of so times receivers short arm the ball in fear of DJ. (Phillips not resigned)

5. K. Red****, ILB, North Carolina
    NYG upgrade the mike with a smart, hard working ILB. He won't make anyone forget Harry Carson, but should push Herz for the starting job. (Blackburn not resigned unless cheap)

6. D, Johnson, RB, Arkansas
    Wilson should tote the load in 2013, and Johnson is a great value here as a 3rd down back. He can pass block, catch, hit the hole, and is deceptively fast (check out his short choppy steps). He can also return kicks to save some punishment for DW. (Bradshaw has $3.75M salary, but costs $2.5 to cut...love AB, but probably let him go)

7. Q. Sharp, K/P, Oklahoma St.
    Kid has a leg. Led CFB in touchbacks. He also punted and kicked FGs for OSU. Bring him into camp and make it an open competition between him and Tynes. (Resign Tynes with no guaranteed and cut if Sharp beats him out)

Aside from whether guys will be available, the biggest criticism I have of my own mock is that there is no CB. I assume that Webby decides to seriously restructure his deal and we either live with that or JR finds a #2 CB in FA using the money saved from Webby, Canty, Diehl, maybe Bradshaw, maybe Tuck. What do y'all think?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by born blue View Post
    Unlikely he'll be there at 19, especially after he blows up the combine, but crazier things have happened. Maybe teams are scared by only one season of high level productivity and his light frame. Maybe teams picking before the NYG reach on QB, CB and DE. This kid is gonna be a star. (Canty -- $6+ M salary, 1.7M cap hit cut, Rodgers not resigned, Bernard not resigned).

Great kid with offensive line versatility. Teams will look at him as an interior lineman, and he falls due to devalued position. He starts at RG next year and possibly steps in to his more natural interior line position to replace Boothe/Snee eventually. (Boothe resigned, Beatty resigned, Locklear cut unless on the cheap, Diehl is a $3.5M hit but should be cut anyway).

Torn ACL will cause him to miss all of the pre-draft workouts and possibly the start of next year. This is a blessing in disguise, as a likely first rounder falls to the NYG in the 3rd. He learns under Tuck for a year, and then replaces him. (Osi not resigned)

Hard-hitting SEC safety who offers scheme diversity and physicality. Natural safety who was asked to play CB at times at South Carolina. We'll live with 3 or 4 unnecessary roughness calls per year for the dozen of so times receivers short arm the ball in fear of DJ. (Phillips not resigned)

NYG upgrade the mike with a smart, hard working ILB. He won't make anyone forget Harry Carson, but should push Herz for the starting job. (Blackburn not resigned unless cheap)

Wilson should tote the load in 2013, and Johnson is a great value here as a 3rd down back. He can pass block, catch, hit the hole, and is deceptively fast (check out his short choppy steps). He can also return kicks to save some punishment for DW. (Bradshaw has $3.75M salary, but costs $2.5 to cut...love AB, but probably let him go)

Kid has a leg. Led CFB in touchbacks. He also punted and kicked FGs for OSU. Bring him into camp and make it an open competition between him and Tynes. (Resign Tynes with no guaranteed and cut if Sharp beats him out)

Aside from whether guys will be available, the biggest criticism I have of my own mock is that there is no CB. I assume that Webby decides to seriously restructure his deal and we either live with that or JR finds a #2 CB in FA using the money saved from Webby, Canty, Diehl, maybe Bradshaw, maybe Tuck. What do y'all think?
    I like, personally if I were to take a DT in the first it would be Short and I would pair him up with Datone Jones in the 2nd. Not that Richardson is worst than short but I like Shorts short area quickness, just my two cents.

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by rainierjef View Post
    I like, personally if I were to take a DT in the first it would be Short and I would pair him up with Datone Jones in the 2nd. Not that Richardson is worst than short but I like Shorts short area quickness, just my two cents.
    I like Short. He and Richardson are very different from what I've seen. Richardson has elite speed and ability to penetrate. Short is a beast who can clog lanes and stuff the run. Richardson was constantly doubled as the star of Mizzou's front, and personally I'd like to see him on a line next to Linval and JPP where he can't be doubled. Basically, I think Short is a safe pick and will be a reliable DT in the league for years, I just think Richardson could be one of the great ones.

No OT?

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckKnoxx View Post
    Whatever [Tom Quinn] says to keep a near decade long job has to be truly inspirational for him not to be working at IKEA right now.

iI thought they gave up their 5th for Rivers.

Quote Originally Posted by speedman View Post
    iI thought they gave up their 5th for Rivers.
    last years pick

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    No OT?
    I figure resign Beatty for LT and let Jones play RT...he's played pretty much every position on the o line at Bama

Quote Originally Posted by born blue View Post

Solid bro but I think Carradine could be had in the 4 th or even the 5th round only by his injury status because aside of this issue he had a high draft rating before his unfortunate ACL tear and Red**** could be just out of reach in the 5th IMO.