+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Exclamation Think of how bad Tim Lewis & Bill Sheridan were...

... and now wrap your head around the fact that we just had the absolute worst defense in franchise history under Fewell

I'm going to be sick...
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

#80 - Get well soon Vic

Bench Player
    Doesn't anyone think our offenses inability to sustain drives put more pressure on our defense then it could handle in some games. A bunch of times our defense came up with a turnover just so the offense could go three and out and send our defense back on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by KingLurker View Post
    Doesn't anyone think our offenses inability to sustain drives put more pressure on our defense then it could handle in some games. A bunch of times our defense came up with a turnover just so the offense could go three and out and send our defense back on the field.
    Logic doesn't exist on here, so, no.

All-Pro
    How do you blame an offense that scores over 400 points a season for last 6 years?

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Markroman View Post
    How do you blame an offense that scores over 400 points a season for last 6 years?
    There were several games this year (3 I think) in which the offense was unable to find the end zone at all... those game can certainly be look at as losses by the offense. However, a good defense would have kept it competitive, and this defense was unable to do that for the majority of games. So, I guess I am saying I agree with you, blaming the offense for such a poor showing by the defense is ridiculous, both were pretty bad this year.
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

How many of those points were Tynes FG's/XP's this season, out of 429 total points scored by the team? 145

This offense went 3 and out way more than people realize

Quote Originally Posted by Die-Hard View Post
    How many of those points were Tynes FG's/XP's this season, out of 429 total points scored by the team? 145

Dude, the Giants avg'd 27 points a game and finished the year ranked 14th in rushing and 12th in passing even with all their problems!
    The D finsihed one spot above THE WORST!! End of story
    Who cares how they scored over 400 points? They still had those points on the scoreboard.
    What kind of logic is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Die-Hard View Post

They also were one of the best offenses in red-zone trips.

People get hung up on a few games for far too long.

They were extremely inconsistent. The Giants lost 1 game where they scored 20 points against the Steelers. The NFL now if u cant score 20 points U should expect to lose the game. The defense wasnt that good but everyone saying they were 31st rank thats complete BS thats in yards, They were 12th in points tied with the Ravens defense everyone fawns over for some reason.
    Bill Sheridans defense was 30th in points

52 Saints
    42 Eagles
    36 Panthers
    42 Browns
    41 Bucs
    38 packers

251 in 6 games

178 in the other 10

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post

251 in 6 games

178 in the other 10
    Context, what an awesome thing, eh Redeye?