+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Think of how bad Tim Lewis & Bill Sheridan were...

Exclamation Think of how bad Tim Lewis & Bill Sheridan were...

... and now wrap your head around the fact that we just had the absolute worst defense in franchise history under Fewell

I'm going to be sick...
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

#80 - Get well soon Vic

Bench Player
    Doesn't anyone think our offenses inability to sustain drives put more pressure on our defense then it could handle in some games. A bunch of times our defense came up with a turnover just so the offense could go three and out and send our defense back on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by KingLurker View Post
    Doesn't anyone think our offenses inability to sustain drives put more pressure on our defense then it could handle in some games. A bunch of times our defense came up with a turnover just so the offense could go three and out and send our defense back on the field.
    Logic doesn't exist on here, so, no.

All-Pro
    How do you blame an offense that scores over 400 points a season for last 6 years?

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Markroman View Post
    How do you blame an offense that scores over 400 points a season for last 6 years?
    There were several games this year (3 I think) in which the offense was unable to find the end zone at all... those game can certainly be look at as losses by the offense. However, a good defense would have kept it competitive, and this defense was unable to do that for the majority of games. So, I guess I am saying I agree with you, blaming the offense for such a poor showing by the defense is ridiculous, both were pretty bad this year.
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Oh my god, get the **** over it. No coaching changes, case close, end of discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by KingLurker View Post
    No...you actually have it backwards! It was actually the Defense's inability to get off the field, and keep opponents out of the endzone, that put us so far behind, in so many games, that the Offense was never given a fighting chance to come back in any of them!
    The Offense had an off year, but at least you can see reasons for it......injuries, an aging OL that gave neither protection to Eli or opened holes for the running game, while there is no justifiable argument for the Defense, that couldn't cover, couldn't rush the QB despite being healthier than they'd been in years!
    The fact that Fewell kept his job, only makes you wonder why Sheridan ever lost his.
    Fewell is so bad at DC, that he can't even Defend Coughlin's decision to keep him!!
    Last edited by bigblue58; 01-21-2013 at 08:59 AM.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue58 View Post
    No...you actually have it backwards! It was actually the Defense's inability to get off the field, and keep opponents out of the endzone, that put us so far behind, in so many games, that the Offense was never given a fighting chance to come back in any of them!
    The Offense had an off year, but at least you can see reasons for it......injuries, an aging OL that gave neither protection to Eli or opened holes for the running game, while there is no justifiable argument for the Defense, that couldn't cover, couldn't rush the QB despite being healthier than they'd been in years!
    I think you may be going to far the other way.... just a little. The defense, especially early in the season, had more than it's share of injuries. T2 hurt before the season started, Canty, Rivers, KP.. you name it. There was only a handful of defensive players that played every game.

As for the offense suffering because of the defense, probably in a few games. But there was just as many where the offense did absolutely nothing and that wasn't the fault of the defense. Both sides of the ball had some really bad games, they can each take the blame for their own inability to play up to the level that they should have.
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Quote Originally Posted by Markroman View Post
    How many of those points were Tynes FG's/XP's this season, out of 429 total points scored by the team? 145

This offense went 3 and out way more than people realize

Quote Originally Posted by Die-Hard View Post
    How many of those points were Tynes FG's/XP's this season, out of 429 total points scored by the team? 145

This offense went 3 and out way more than people realize
    Dude, the Giants avg'd 27 points a game and finished the year ranked 14th in rushing and 12th in passing even with all their problems!
    The D finsihed one spot above THE WORST!! End of story
    Who cares how they scored over 400 points? They still had those points on the scoreboard.
    What kind of logic is that?

+ Reply to Thread