+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Think of how bad Tim Lewis & Bill Sheridan were...

Quote Originally Posted by Die-Hard View Post
    How many of those points were Tynes FG's/XP's this season, out of 429 total points scored by the team? 145

This offense went 3 and out way more than people realize
    They also were one of the best offenses in red-zone trips.

People get hung up on a few games for far too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Markroman View Post
    How do you blame an offense that scores over 400 points a season for last 6 years?
    They were extremely inconsistent. The Giants lost 1 game where they scored 20 points against the Steelers. The NFL now if u cant score 20 points U should expect to lose the game. The defense wasnt that good but everyone saying they were 31st rank thats complete BS thats in yards, They were 12th in points tied with the Ravens defense everyone fawns over for some reason.
    Bill Sheridans defense was 30th in points

52 Saints
    42 Eagles
    36 Panthers
    42 Browns
    41 Bucs
    38 packers

251 in 6 games

178 in the other 10

Quote Originally Posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
    ... and now wrap your head around the fact that we just had the absolute worst defense in franchise history under Fewell

I'm going to be sick...
    The Giants defense was 12th in points allowed this season. So until yardage determines who wins or losses it was not worse than Sheridans

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    The Giants defense was 12th in points allowed this season. So until yardage determines who wins or losses it was not worse than Sheridans
    I agree and I hate the fact that "overall defense" is ranked by yards allowed (especially in today's NFL). However, having said that, if you give up a ton of yards, that will lead to points sooner or later. It also means you're losing time of possession which puts your offense in a bad position (and that definitely happened this year).

We lost a big piece on offense this year with Nicks being hobbled all year. The Giants offense was predicated on having an inside-out threat which ran really well with Cruz/Nicks last year. Without Nicks operating at 100%, teams could smother Cruz and we just couldn't execute well enough across the board to make up the difference (not to mention our inability to go to a short game).

On defense we had quite a number of "under performers". Tuck, Osi, CWeb, Boley and Kiwi. Add to that guys who couldn't contribute fully due to injuries such as Canty, JWill and KP and you have a defense that was badly neutered. I don't happen to think THAT many pro-bowl caliber players all of a sudden become "bad" at the same time. It's up to the DC to get everyone on the same page and buy into the schemes that are laid out. That obviously didn't happen this year. I think there is a fairly large disconnect between PF and his players.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    They also were one of the best offenses in red-zone trips.

People get hung up on a few games for far too long.
    All I know is, when your FG kicker leads the team in points by a LARGE margin, it's rarely a good thing. Much like a safety leading the team in tackles(hypothetical situation), it usually means that the people in front of him aren't doing something right.

Lets look at it this way. Who were the best players on the defense?

JPP with 6.5 sacks?

Prince who only got thrown at 20 or so times all season and missed a few games?

Then who? Stevie Brown?

Then... Osi? Tuck? Linval?

There is not all that much talent on this defense, at all.

All three starting LBs may be gone or in Kiwis case moving to DE.

Webster had a down year who knows if he can recover.

Osi is gone who was second on the team in pressures.

Kiwi was a total non factor at both DL and LB.

Quote Originally Posted by Die-Hard View Post
    All I know is, when your FG kicker leads the team in points by a LARGE margin, it's rarely a good thing. Much like a safety leading the team in tackles(hypothetical situation), it usually means that the people in front of him aren't doing something right.
    We were 6th in points per game on offense.

I don't care who's scoring the points, as long as they're getting on the board.

It's only somewhat on PF. These guys are professionals and they have not complained all year about the defensive schemes that Perry had them doing. No guts no glory.The defense gave up! Osi was a thorn in the side as usual and hopefully we don't have to put up with him anymore. Tuck was injured and too busy praising the other team before games and our secondary was shot, pass rush, blah, blah, blah!
    "There is winning and there is Misery"

All-Pro
    How could anyone question Eli and the offense? They played great this year. Most of their money is invested in the offense and they scored 14 points in two games, 7 of those in garbage time. On top of that the turnovers that set up the opposition in the red zone should not count either right?

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post

251 in 6 games

178 in the other 10
    Context, what an awesome thing, eh Redeye?

+ Reply to Thread