+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Think of how bad Tim Lewis & Bill Sheridan were...

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    We were 6th in points per game on offense.I don't care who's scoring the points, as long as they're getting on the board.
    This is absolutely wrong. Settling for field goals all the time is how you lose games.

All-Pro
    For years the Giants defense has been built around its front four applying pressure. The Giants Defensive line failed miserably to get to the QB. When you draft pass rushers over and over again and do not finish top ten in sacks let alone top 5. You have a MAJOR issue.

The Giants LB core may be the worst in the NFL and has been very weak for far far too long. Look how many players have been shuffled in and out over last 5 years.

All-Pro
    Lets also get something straight. The most important defensive stat is points allowed. They where ranked 12th in that department. That's not that bad. Of all the points the offense scored how many came off of all the turnovers the defense created? How many offensive turnovers by the Giants placed the opposing team in scoring position?
    Last edited by Buddy333; 01-21-2013 at 12:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    This is absolutely wrong. Settling for field goals all the time is how you lose games.
    Scoring less than your opponent is how you lose games.

I don't care if we reached 6th in scoring on safeties.

All-Pro
    Scoring less than your opponent is how you lose games.I don't care if we reached 6th in scoring on safeties.
    Exactly. So when you kick field goals and settle for 3 instead of 7 you score less points.

Quote Originally Posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
    ... and now wrap your head around the fact that we just had the absolute worst defense in franchise history under Fewell

I'm going to be sick...

I am in no way supporting this years defense, they played like garbage.

But, your statement that this is the worst NYG defense ever is debatable. The 2009 team gave up WAY more points than this 1, almost 5 more points per game.

Its not worth arguing really, as it is like deciding which pile of dung smells the best when smell is completely subjective. But, the 2009 defense is still the worst I have seen, in my opinion.

We duck taped the defense, hoping Eli and the offense could carry the team. But when Nicks got injured and the running game couldn't get going we became very one dimensional and that dimension wasn't as dynamic without the #1 receiver. And the D came apart late last season.

Quote Originally Posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
    ... and now wrap your head around the fact that we just had the absolute worst defense in franchise history under Fewell

I'm going to be sick...
    The Giants have given up more than 6,000 yards in a season only twice in history. Guess which 2 years? Yep, 2011 and 2012.

They also were one of the best offenses in red-zone trips.

People get hung up on a few games for far too long.
    iirc we also had a decent 3rd down conversion % as well. iirc it was at least top 15...the offense had 3 horrendous games, the defense prob had about 7 or 8 horrendous games

Anyone who thinks this was even a mediocre defense is touched in the head. They ranked right up there with Lewis's patented "Cover Nada" and Sheridians "Fire Me" defense. Being 12th in points allowed and 31st in yards allowed means something is very wrong with your defense. There isn't one good defense in history with that large of a spread. Any system that allows you defense to be pushed up and down the field sends the wrong message to those guys philosophically. Physically it just means you can't get a stop when you need one and you are banking on turnovers to even be somewhat respectable.

+ Reply to Thread