+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Think of how bad Tim Lewis & Bill Sheridan were...

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    They were extremely inconsistent. The Giants lost 1 game where they scored 20 points against the Steelers. The NFL now if u cant score 20 points U should expect to lose the game. The defense wasnt that good but everyone saying they were 31st rank thats complete BS thats in yards, They were 12th in points tied with the Ravens defense everyone fawns over for some reason.
    Bill Sheridans defense was 30th in points

52 Saints
    42 Eagles
    36 Panthers
    42 Browns
    41 Bucs
    38 packers

251 in 6 games

178 in the other 10
    Yes, I heard something along the lines of every time we score 21 or more points, we won.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905

Quote Originally Posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
    ... and now wrap your head around the fact that we just had the absolute worst defense in franchise history under Fewell

I'm going to be sick...
    You need to understand that we are trying to keep our coaches. If our OC or DC are too successful they'll sign as a HC with another team.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905

this seasons defense was a humiliation to the franchise but it narrows down for where Reese has to look for what needs fixing

Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    Yes, I heard something along the lines of every time we score 21 or more points, we won.
    Out of curiosity, I wonder in how many of those games where we failed to score 20 points had the defense either, given up a big lead early (thus making us more one dimensional offensively) or given up a lead late, just to see how the situational factors reflect in the final score.

the simple fact that we had the worst defense in franchise history and we're bringing back the DC for another chance to do it again tells me that the team feels this seasons defensive failure was ALL on the players

Quote Originally Posted by JesseJames View Post
    the simple fact that we had the worst defense in franchise history and we're bringing back the DC for another chance to do it again tells me that the team feels this seasons defensive failure was ALL on the players
    yeah but in 2010, when PF had a healthy(ish) unit, his D was like top 10/top 5 across the board

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    yeah but in 2010, when PF had a healthy(ish) unit, his D was like top 10/top 5 across the board
    This. Between some players being hurt and others not caring, our defense was gimped at the point of attack. PF did what he could, experimenting with various personnel packages to put the healthiest players on the field, but it wasn't enough... As I've said numerous times, the only thing he could have done to send clear shockwaves through our defense and hopefully galvanize it would have been to bench Tuck or at least strip him of his captain status. I guess that it would have done more to destabilize the locker room rather than improve it...

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckKnoxx View Post
    Whatever [Tom Quinn] says to keep a near decade long job has to be truly inspirational for him not to be working at IKEA right now.

+ Reply to Thread