+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cutting Bradshaw And Bass Would Cost Giants $ 9.175M

Cutting Bradshaw And Bass Would Cost Giants $ 9.175M

http://www.giants101.com/2013/01/21/...9-175-million/

Excerpt: "The New York Giants, as we've discussed relentlessly here on Giants 101, have a lot of decisions to make this offseason. And not just what to do with their 26 soon-to-be free agents, but what to do with a lot of their big contracts. General Manager Jerry Reese must decide if players likerunning back Ahmad Bradshaw and center David Baas return in 2013, if their contracts need to be restructured or if they should be flat-out released.

In the case of the aforementioned Bradshaw and Baas, it turns outcutting them may not be a realistic option for Big Blue.

Bradshaw, who is scheduled to earn a base salary of $3.75 million in 2013, is also in line for bonuses tallying an addition $1.5 million. In total, that makes his 2013 cap hit an estimated $5.25 million. So … cut him, right? Not so fast." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Well thats not happening. A lot of these contracts may be worse than we think we all these back door restructures Reese has done. I understand why he did it, your trying to repeat and keep everybody, but if it costs us are young players im going to be calling for his head.

This team is in very serious trouble dont be surprised if the first sub .500 Giants team under Coughlin occurs next season. This team has loads of maxed out old players on the roster. The thing that bothers me is this roster could end up being stripped bare because the young players are going to get more money elsewhere because the Giants cant get deals done early.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Well thats not happening. A lot of these contracts may be worse than we think we all these back door restructures Reese has done. I understand why he did it, your trying to repeat and keep everybody, but if it costs us are young players im going to be calling for his head.
    The restructuring enabled the team to win a title, though - that isn't good enough?

And these cap hits have been explained numerous times on here, I bet now that it's been covered by an amateur-hour news blog, people will actually pay attention.

All-Pro
    While I would not advocate cutting Bradshaw, it may be worthwhile to see what you could get for him in a trade. That wouldn't eliminate the cap hit, but might lessen it a bit? As for some of the other players, some might be worth letting go, even if that means not having a very good team next year, in order to ensure that they can keep some of the younger players who have contracts coming up in the next few years.

I see it this way, they mortgaged 2 Super Bowls by giving up a few future years. If you asked me 5 years ago if I would agree to that I would have taken it in a heart beat. Well, it appears that it is now time to pay up. Hopefully they can do that and still remain competitive.
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    The restructuring enabled the team to win a title, though - that isn't good enough?

And these cap hits have been explained numerous times on here, I bet now that it's been covered by an amateur-hour news blog, people will actually pay attention.
    Its fine but they need to cut bait now. If they let this drag on with some of these guys its going to take longer to fix the team. I didnt see anyone say anything about Bradshaws contract. I knew the Baas contract was horrible and they werent getting out from under him

If anyone can continue to say how great reese is after seeing how so many of his contracts are going to kill us. Yes, he did get us superbowls but longevity and consistency is how you make a dynasty. Maybe if he knew how to get us favorable contracts and players not declining in their careers we wouldnt be so strapped right now and in a bind to sign our key players.

He'll never sleep again
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by bigbluetribe View Post
    If anyone can continue to say how great reese is after seeing how so many of his contracts are going to kill us. Yes, he did get us superbowls but longevity and consistency is how you make a dynasty. Maybe if he knew how to get us favorable contracts and players not declining in their careers we wouldnt be so strapped right now and in a bind to sign our key players.
    Reese has done a great job. No one, except for fans, can predict a player's decline or injury.

This team is in very serious trouble dont be surprised if the first sub .500 Giants team under Coughlin occurs next season. This team has loads of maxed out old players on the roster. The thing that bothers me is this roster could end up being stripped bare because the young players are going to get more money elsewhere because the Giants cant get deals done early.
    Since none of us has a clue how all of this works, why not wait to see who's on the final 53 in September?

+ Reply to Thread