+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cutting Bradshaw And Bass Would Cost Giants $ 9.175M

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Just eat these contacts this year and start fresh. Enough with the restructuring.
    I agree... enough with the Ponzi Scheme...

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckKnoxx View Post
    Whatever [Tom Quinn] says to keep a near decade long job has to be truly inspirational for him not to be working at IKEA right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    I agree... enough with the Ponzi Scheme...
    I'm with both of u.. Seriously, these restructuring of contracts is gonna cost us alot of young talent, because there gonna get paid other places... Just stop with the restructuring, as we've played with fire anyways the last several yrs with this bunch, and even though we WON a couple titles, barley made the postseason both SB runs, and now alot of those players are even older and less productive.. Its pretty simple logic, if u ask me...

All-Pro
    This team just needs to get better. Yeah they won last year, but only with a little luck. They where 9-7 the last two seasons and missed the post the two seasons before that. Stop extending these players hat acoount for a 9-7 team. Eat it this year and say goodbye next year. Start fresh.

Cutting Baas was never an option. Not sure why this author treated it like it was.

These articles seem to be taken right from a message board.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    bradshaw and baas are the worst candidates for release because they are still early into their contracts.
    I don't think it is that early in Bass's contract. Doesn't he only have 3 years of guarenteed money and this is his 3rd year, right?

Quote Originally Posted by JB456 View Post
    I don't think it is that early in Bass's contract. Doesn't he only have 3 years of guarenteed money and this is his 3rd year, right?
    Next year will be his third year. This past season was only his second. Guaranteed money is only a minor issue.

Signing bonus + restructured last season = 5 mil cap hit if he is cut or he stays. Next season assuming they do not restructure again his cap hit if released would drop.

His guaranteed money should already be gone.

He should make for a very possible release next season.
    Last edited by slipknottin; 01-22-2013 at 11:40 AM.

Next year will be his third year. This past season was only his second. Guaranteed money is only a minor issue.

Signing bonus + restructured last season = 5 mil cap hit if he is cut or he stays. Next season assuming they do not restructure again his cap hit if released would drop.

Thanks for clarifing this for me. Like many people, I get confused by these contracts. Could you let me know what website you got this info from for future reference?

Well, there you go. We pick up a GOOD O lineman in the draft and plug him into the line. Have boothe show him how to hike a ball, LOL! Man, you really can't write this stuff. " The Days of Giants Football" What a great name for a daytime drama series: starring JR as Dillio the Dealmaker, and TC as The Wise One the Old Disciplined Head Coach!! Take your lumps and get this franchise back on line. Thanx for the primer, slip!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I'm with both of u.. Seriously, these restructuring of contracts is gonna cost us alot of young talent, because there gonna get paid other places... Just stop with the restructuring, as we've played with fire anyways the last several yrs with this bunch, and even though we WON a couple titles, barley made the postseason both SB runs, and now alot of those players are even older and less productive.. Its pretty simple logic, if u ask me...
    +1

+ Reply to Thread