+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Bear Pascoe Will Re-sign With Giants Next Week

http://www.giants101.com/2013/01/26/...nts-next-week/

Excerpt: "Tight end Bear Pascoe is one of 26 pending free agents for the New York Giants, and likely one of the first whom will have a contract signed prior to the start of NFL free agency in March.

The Porterville Recorder reports that Pascoe, who is slated to become a restricted free agent (RFA), will re-sign with the Giants sometime next week. This news comes by way of Sean Pascoe, Bear's Father, who informed the paper of the pending one-year agreement.

“I don’t think he’ll be getting what they were hoping,” Sean said. “At least he’s got a job, that’s the main thing.”

Pascoe's Father said the contract will likely be in the range of the league minimum, which would be somewhere around $600,000 based on Bear's NFL experience." Read more..
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

I am happy to se Bear back on theteam. Although I had much higher hopes for him he is a solid player and does what they want him to do.
    If his contract is around league minimum then that is about right IMO.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    I am happy to se Bear back on theteam. Although I had much higher hopes for him he is a solid player and does what they want him to do.
    If his contract is around league minimum then that is about right IMO.
    And apparently only for one year which makes me think they want one more transition season for Robinson
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    And apparently only for one year which makes me think they want one more transition season for Robinson
    . . . or it could mean that they don't think that they can or will resign Bennett.

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    . . . or it could mean that they don't think that they can or will resign Bennett.

I don't think that's the case. They carry three tight ends and Pascoe does well enough.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I don't think that's the case. They carry three tight ends and Pascoe does well enough.
    League minimum for a guy who's been durable, serviceable and knows the system is a good deal. Book it JR!
    No one remembers who came in second.

Great. They guy has been solid. Obviously not a super star but not every player can be or needs to be a super star. He's one of those guys that has a role on the team and he does very well...blocks well, smart player, backup FB,

Bear is a good value, not a great receiver but knows the scheme and how to block!

it would be a good, cheap signing.. now resign the Unicorn

Bennett / Bear / Robinson

I have a feeling that Bear is going to be our 3TE. JR loves having reliable backups around like Bear or Hixon, folks that know the system. Hell, it's why we extended Diehl, and still have Carr around, even though both have declined below NFL playing ability...

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.