+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 40

Thread: Martellus Bennett "Plans On Retiring" With The Giants

  1. #21
    Come on, JR. Find the money to resign the guy. Every team needs guys like this who are team first and play with heart

  2. #22
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    95,066
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Bennett realizes that we can give him something no other team really can in this day and age: a system that works best with his skills. Bennett is a beast in blocking, and we're one of the few teams that looks at TE first as a blocker and second as a receiver.
    He convinced me he belonged when, during an interview, he said his worth wasn't just about his receiving numbers but his ability to block effectively. Understanding that is not something every TE has been able to do.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  3. #23
    All-Pro NYG4lifeNYK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    11,247
    LOVE this guy!!!

    LOVED him ever since he signed with us.... man we REALLY do have the best organization in the world... it seems almost every player that signs with us says they feel at home and state over and over that they LOVE our organization. Stacy Andrews said the same when he was here.


    Hats off to our organization.... the best in all of sports.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

    I'm ALL IN are you?

    "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

  4. #24
    All-Pro Drez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    12,965
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    He convinced me he belonged when, during an interview, he said his worth wasn't just about his receiving numbers but his ability to block effectively. Understanding that is not something every TE has been able to do.
    Yeah. He seems like he can be a great all around player for us. And having the desire to get in the trenches and doing the dirty work is definitely a rare trait nowadays. Hopefully, we can lock him up for long term deal.

  5. #25
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    95,066
    Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Yeah. He seems like he can be a great all around player for us. And having the desire to get in the trenches and doing the dirty work is definitely a rare trait nowadays. Hopefully, we can lock him up for long term deal.
    I am expecting him to produce Bavaro type numbers and effort.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  6. #26
    All-Pro Drez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    12,965
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I am expecting him to produce Bavaro type numbers and effort.
    Would saying that would be pleasant be an understatement?

  7. #27
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    95,066
    Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Would saying that would be pleasant be an understatement?
    For his first year, he was very close to Shockey numbers who was second only to Bavaro.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  8. #28
    All-Pro Drez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    12,965
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    For his first year, he was very close to Shockey numbers who was second only to Bavaro.
    True. And we still have people that think we should try and get Ballard back to replace Bennett. I wouldn't be opposed to getting Ballard back as our second TE, though. That would allow us to disguise our offense a little more when we break out the 2 TE sets, because Ballard is/was decent as a receiving TE, too.

  9. #29

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I am expecting him to produce Bavaro type numbers and effort.
    We gave him a shot and he performed, great first year. I'd cherish Bavaro type numbers and effort but please leave the injuries aside!

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts