+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Martellus Bennett "Plans On Retiring" With The Giants

im glad Marty B feels that way about the Giants! im confident he will be resigned with a long term contract!

besides hes our best option at tight end and can only grow in this offense!

I was looking through PFF's 2013 free agent list and was surprised to see Bennett's at the top with a rating of 12.5. It stands out because of who is in second place with a rating of 6.1 - Tony Gonzalez

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...nt-tight-ends/
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Starter
    I think Bennett can still be better than he was this season. At times he looked like he could be unstoppable but then at times he disappeared and looked uniterested. If he plays with some edge to his game the whole time, I don't see why he couldn't be a Pro Bowler in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I was looking through PFF's 2013 free agent list and was surprised to see Bennett's at the top with a rating of 12.5. It stands out because of who is in second place with a rating of 6.1 - Tony Gonzalez

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...nt-tight-ends/
    Bennett has years left. If Gonzalez is not on a diehl-like decline now, he will be soon...

Veteran
    Rochester, NY Yes Bills contry what can I do its where I live
    I hope Eli looks for him more. There were a lot of games were he was open across the middle or up the seam. Eli just didn't look his way at times. He gave up on routes now and then. Wonder if he just figured Eli wouldn't go his way. Hope Gilbride has the ability to use him as a primary target on occassion. I think I was most impressed by his playing through a very painful knee condition. Oh and by the way, he can't block. I heard Collinseorth say so. (Red ink that last sentence ).

Quote Originally Posted by GiantRoc View Post
    I hope Eli looks for him more. There were a lot of games were he was open across the middle or up the seam. Eli just didn't look his way at times. He gave up on routes now and then. Wonder if he just figured Eli wouldn't go his way. Hope Gilbride has the ability to use him as a primary target on occassion. I think I was most impressed by his playing through a very painful knee condition. Oh and by the way, he can't block. I heard Collinseorth say so. (Red ink that last sentence ).
    Then what you want for draft christmas is a new OT... Eli + time = production. Eli - time = interception

Quote Originally Posted by GiantRoc View Post
    Bennett was second in receptions to Cruz in 2012. He's a solid blocker and understands his main task is blocking.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Then what you want for draft christmas is a new OT... Eli + time = production. Eli - time = interception
    I know we do BPA but I truly hope that translates into an offensive lineman in the 1st or 2nd rounds

I wonder if the Pats would go hard at Cruz. Welker is a FA so they have some money available at that spot anyway. They would get a younger more explosive play maker that went to UMASS

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    I wonder if the Pats would go hard at Cruz. Welker is a FA so they have some money available at that spot anyway. They would get a younger more explosive play maker that went to UMASS
    Wouldn't surprise me but I could see another team overspending even more just to secure a solid #1 type of receiver. I'm not sure how much Giants fans realize how fortunate we've been at the WR spot the last few years compared to the rest of the NFL.

+ Reply to Thread