+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Greatest Giants yes or no

Quote Originally Posted by njersey View Post
    Nice list! You would have loved Bavaro if you saw him play.
    Him and obviously LT...I caught the very tail end of Taylor's career, infact one of my first football memories was an LT strip sack on the Bears. I remember the announcer saying something like "He had now had a sack against every team in the NFL."

Alot of great football plays have come and gone out of my memory, but for whatever reason that one managed to stick....Just watching old clips of Taylor though I can firmly say that the NFL has notseen anyone with his combination of speed, power and quickness since he retired. Watching him rush the QB is alot like watching a Lion take down his prey
    Last edited by juice33s; 01-21-2013 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by juice33s View Post
    Him and obviously LT...I caught the very tail end of Taylor's career, infact one of my first football memories was an LT strip sack on the Bears. I remember the announcer saying something like "He had now had a sack against every team in the NFL."

Alot of great football plays have come and gone out of my memory, but for whatever reason that one managed to stick....Just watching old clips of Taylor though I can firmly say that the NFL has notseen anyone with his combination of speed, power and quickness since he retired. Watching him rush the QB is alot like watching a Lion take down his prey
    I was lucky enough to watch his entire career, and you are correct.....I haven't seen a defensive player match LT. Sure, on any given day, I've seen defensive players have a lights-out game.....but nobody ever player with such intensity, so consistently, and for as long as LT.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by TroyArcher View Post
    LB - add Carson, Banks, Van Pelt
    DLine - add John Mendenhall
    RB's - add Tiki Barber, Joe Morris, Rodney Hampton
    Receivers - Toomer, Shofner
    TE's - add Bob Tucker
    Dbacks - Spider Lochart, Sehorn, Mark Collins
    Punter - Dave Jennings
    Kicker - Sean Landeta

John Mendenhall is a must the D-line. But Sean Landeta wasn't our kicker, he was our punter.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905

anyone who does not have Joe Morrison as their FB/HB is out of their mind

he is possibly the most important Giant of all time

+ Reply to Thread