+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Is Flacco better than Brady?

Beat him in the regular season, and twice in the post season. Was super clutch in the postseason, tying the game with 30 seconds to go in Denver. Isn't this how we all determined that Eli was better than Brady? Discuss...

and he's better than Peyton Manning too..

Oh, Carter, well that's just unanimous -- it'd be pointless to include Peyton, too.

I'll be honest, I never thought Flacco was going to be a good QB, but he is reminding me a lot of Eli. He is a big game QB. He has that clutch big game arm. In fact, he may be the best Big Game QB in the league right now. His arm strength is top notch, his confidence is peaking and he doesn't get down much. I think he may be a better QB then Matt Ryan, who I was really high on during the draft. Now that I think about it, Ryan may be the Peyton Manning and Flacco the Eli. Flacco excels in the playoffs where Ryan struggles. Both good QBs though.

Props to Joe Cool and I am very happy he took down Brady and the Pats who are now 7-7 post Spygate (10-0 before).

5trive for Fiv5

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...te-quarterback

Here we have it, even players are calling him elite. It must be true. Joe Flacco is elite, he's beaten the best, therefore he is the best QB in the NFL!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...te-quarterback

Here we have it, even players are calling him elite. It must be true. Joe Flacco is elite, he's beaten the best, therefore he is the best QB in the NFL!
    He does have more road playoff wins than any other QB in NFL history.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    He does have more road playoff wins than any other QB in NFL history.
    And he's only been in the NFL since 2008. Must be the best QB in the NFL, the same way we said that Eli was after last year.

It'll be cemented if he wins the SB. Personally, I'm still not sold, but that's the logic that was established on here last year.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    I'll be honest, I never thought Flacco was going to be a good QB, but he is reminding me a lot of Eli. He is a big game QB. He has that clutch big game arm. In fact, he may be the best Big Game QB in the league right now. His arm strength is top notch, his confidence is peaking and he doesn't get down much. I think he may be a better QB then Matt Ryan, who I was really high on during the draft. Now that I think about it, Ryan may be the Peyton Manning and Flacco the Eli. Flacco excels in the playoffs where Ryan struggles. Both good QBs though.
    That is a very good comparison. Flacco does remind me of Eli a lot and the run that Baltimore Ravens are on this post season is very similar to our own run last post season.

We did include Rodgers in the "Eli beat him, so he's better" debate last year, so yes, he must be better than Peyton, too.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    We did include Rodgers in the "Eli beat him, so he's better" debate last year, so yes, he must be better than Peyton, too.
    I think we have all determined that Eli is mediocre garbage, Super Bowl wins are worth very little, it's all about what you do in the regular season, and the most important thing is just getting to the playoffs every year. Matt Ryan is the model of what every QB should be. I'd gladly trade those 2 SuperBowl titles for a playoff appearance each of the last 5 seasons.