+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Is Flacco better than Brady?

Played better last night . . .

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    Played better last night . . .
    Last night? Definitely. This year? No.
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

I wouldn't say that Eli played better than Rodgers had all year in 2011, but when Eli "beat Rodgers down" in the playoffs, he surpassed him in the minds of Giants fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Last night? Definitely. This year? No.
    How about every year they have been in the league together.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Beat him in the regular season, and twice in the post season. Was super clutch in the postseason, tying the game with 30 seconds to go in Denver. Isn't this how we all determined that Eli was better than Brady? Discuss...
    Colin Kaepernick is a superstar.

I stated this a few months back when this board was completely bent over kissing Robert Griifin's butt. That poster who went nuts the night the Giants got eliminated was ragging on me for taking a wait and see perspective with Griffin and because no other posters were agreeing with me he said that essentially proved that I was wrong about Griffin.

I then said since there's no minimum time limit needed to be considered UNBELIEVABLY LEAGUE CHANGING GREAT!!! we should all just put Kaepernick in the HOF fame now.

Then he called me an idiot.

Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasman View Post
    Colin Kaepernick is a superstar.

I stated this a few months back when this board was completely bent over kissing Robert Griifin's butt. That poster who went nuts the night the Giants got eliminated was ragging on me for taking a wait and see perspective with Griffin and because no other posters were agreeing with me he said that essentially proved that I was wrong about Griffin.

I then said since there's no minimum time limit needed to be considered UNBELIEVABLY LEAGUE CHANGING GREAT!!! we should all just put Kaepernick in the HOF fame now.

Then he called me an idiot.

Good times.
    Thought that this was a thread about Flacco and Brady?

I'm not really sure what your point is. Is your point that RGIII isn't a start but Kaepernick is?

I'm not really sure what your point is. Is your point that RGIII isn't a start but Kaepernick is?
    His point is that when people are arguing over QBs, their extreme positions often cause them to create shoddy precedent that comes back to bite them when it applies to another QB.

Do I think Flacco is better than Brady, Manning, Eli, etc.? Hell no.

Do I think that our reasoning for Eli being the best QB in the league after last year's SB win was iffy at best? Bingo.

Eli is a top 5 QB, and while it's fine to believe that he's better than Brady, or Rodgers, or Brees, or anyone, claiming that it's because the Giants beat the Packers, or the Patriots, or the Saints, is not the way to do it.

The Ravens beat the Broncos, the Giants, and the Patriots (twice this year), that shouldn't mean that their QB is better than all of those teams' QBs. And while people, most at least, would agree with me on this point, that certainly wasn't the case last offseason.

No, my point is that a handful of good games doesn't make any kind of case for declaring any player anything. So, for example......um....uh......

after a few good games it would be absolutely ludicrous to compare say......................Joe Flacco to Tom Brady.

His point is that when people are arguing over QBs, their extreme positions often cause them to create shoddy precedent that comes back to bite them when it applies to another QB.

Do I think Flacco is better than Brady, Manning, Eli, etc.? Hell no.

Do I think that our reasoning for Eli being the best QB in the league after last year's SB win was iffy at best? Bingo.

Eli is a top 5 QB, and while it's fine to believe that he's better than Brady, or Rodgers, or Brees, or anyone, claiming that it's because the Giants beat the Packers, or the Patriots, or the Saints, is not the way to do it.

The Ravens beat the Broncos, the Giants, and the Patriots (twice this year), that shouldn't mean that their QB is better than all of those teams' QBs. And while people, most at least, would agree with me on this point, that certainly wasn't the case last offseason.

Yeah, this exactly.

It ain't complicated...............

Veteran
    Apparent hate? What are you talking about?

And if you want to play the SB ring games, why would people compare Eli to Brady when Brady has THREE rings? That ring discrepancy didn't seem to be a problem after last year...
    Who is saying Brady isn't Elite? I'm not playing the ring game, I'm just responding to your idiotic analogy.

You're asking why Flacco isn't considered Elite after beating Brady, but Eli is (even though a ton of people still claim that he isn't)

When Flacco has 2 SB's and 2 SB MVP's, and people are STILL saying he isn't elite, then and only then does you analogy make any sense. But as of now he has exactly ZERO, so the Eli analogy is completely moot.

+ Reply to Thread