+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Flacco better than Brady?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Yeah, I guess so.............

He passed the "Eli test" in beating top QBs in the playoffs, being clutch, and dominance on the road. He even has players attesting to his "elite-ness."

It'd be one helluva double standard if we don't view Flacco as the best in the league at the same volume that we viewed Eli as the best last year.
    Your apparent hate for Eli is astounding.
    Your "double standard" doesn't, in reality, make a shred of sense either.

When Flacco holds two super bowl rings and 2 SB MVP's and people are still questioning his "eliteness" than your poor analogy will work. But in reality, Eli came in the conversation AFTER he won 2 super bowls and still had his talents questioned.

Again, if you're going to try to use analogies, at least make sure that they are not absolutely ridiculous.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    I'll be honest, I never thought Flacco was going to be a good QB, but he is reminding me a lot of Eli. He is a big game QB. He has that clutch big game arm. In fact, he may be the best Big Game QB in the league right now. His arm strength is top notch, his confidence is peaking and he doesn't get down much. I think he may be a better QB then Matt Ryan, who I was really high on during the draft. Now that I think about it, Ryan may be the Peyton Manning and Flacco the Eli. Flacco excels in the playoffs where Ryan struggles. Both good QBs though.
    That is a very good comparison. Flacco does remind me of Eli a lot and the run that Baltimore Ravens are on this post season is very similar to our own run last post season.

Gabbert >>> Brady

Banned
    Joe Flacco is a damn good QB with a cannon for an arm. He is playing lights out during this post season and in my opinion, is going to lead his team to a victory over San Francisco 49ers in SuperBowl XLVII.

Is he a better QB than Tom Brady? I don’t think that he is.

Is he a better QB than Eli Manning? I don’t think that he is.I think they are very similar and close on the charts. I think Eli reads defenses a little bit better and has a better placement on his throws when he is on his game. I don’t think there is any doubt that Joe Flacco does have the better arm, he has a cannon. Both these guys will be around for awhile and I think both of them will be in the covnersation for awhile.

I think Jim Caldwell taking over as OC was the perfect call for Baltimore Ravens. Too bad NY Giants didn’t think of that first.

I hope you are kidding.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    Joe Flacco I don’t think there is any doubt that Joe Flacco does have the better arm, he has a cannon.
    No one in the league has the arm that Flacco has. And short of Jamarcus Russell resigning with someone, no one will for quite some time.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by njg85m View Post
    No one in the league has the arm that Flacco has. And short of Jamarcus Russell resigning with someone, no one will for quite some time.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by njg85m View Post
    Your apparent hate for Eli is astounding.
    Your "double standard" doesn't, in reality, make a shred of sense either.

When Flacco holds two super bowl rings and 2 SB MVP's and people are still questioning his "eliteness" than your poor analogy will work. But in reality, Eli came in the conversation AFTER he won 2 super bowls and still had his talents questioned.

Again, if you're going to try to use analogies, at least make sure that they are not absolutely ridiculous.
    Apparent hate? What are you talking about?

And if you want to play the SB ring games, why would people compare Eli to Brady when Brady has THREE rings? That ring discrepancy didn't seem to be a problem after last year...

Flacco has won more AFC Championship games of late, so he has definitely had more overall success than Brady. Flacco is the best quarterback in the league.

But isnt winning AFC Championship games "team games"? I think you wouldnneed to look at individual stats and game play to determine if he's better than Brady. Flacco is a very good QB but not better than Brady.
    Get well soon #80.
    Updated Giants schedule.
    Week 1: "No excuses"
    Week 2: "No excuses"
    Week 3: "Super Bowl!"
    Week 4: "Super Bowl!"
    Week 5: "Super Bowl!"
    Week 6: "No excuses"
    Week 7: "No excuses"
    --------------------------
    Week 9: "No excuses"
    Week 10: "No excuses"