+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Banned

Looks like the days of drop back QB are over....

After watching Kaepernick todays, along with RGIII and Wilson, and even Luck....the days of the drop back QB are over....I hope the Giants are looking for drafting a QB to take over for Eli in the next year or two.......the days of Eli are numbered.

Veteran
    not if we have a good defense

Lets take a look at the 5 most recent sb winning qb's shall we

I doubt it. D coordinators will catch up while clueless teams spend 1st round picks on running QBs; not to mention the shelf life of these running QBs it's all a fad and will pass

Quote Originally Posted by Hooligans View Post
    After watching Kaepernick todays, along with RGIII and Wilson, and even Luck....the days of the drop back QB are over....I hope the Giants are looking for drafting a QB to take over for Eli in the next year or two.......the days of Eli are numbered.
    That's what they said about the wildcat too
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Until I see guys like Kaepernick have as much success as Joe Montana, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, then I would agree. What Kaepernick is doing isn't anything new.
    "In Reese, We No Longer Trust"

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Sundown View Post
    I doubt it. D coordinators will catch up while clueless teams spend 1st round picks on running QBs; not to mention the shelf life of these running QBs it's all a fad and will pass

AMEN

Lol if the Pats make the SB and BB has two weeks to come up with a gameplan for him, forget about it.

I agree. We should trade up to the #1 overall pick and give the Chiefs Eli Manning, 5 future 1st rounders, and Jerry Reese so we can draft Colin Klein.

No way on Collin Klein. All these QBs mentioned can throw the ball like the rest in addition to their mobility. That's the main difference and that's why the read option offense is going to the Superbowl. Kaepernick beat the Falcons with his arm today plus a couple of RB rushing TDs off the read option.