+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jim Hermann Rejects Eagles, Will Stay With Giants

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Or he theirs
    That would be more difficult...

It's not as if Chip would say 'this is what we are going to do on offense'...it's irrelevant to the position he was being interviewed for.

What has he been promised?

He probably felt it would be more rewarding and challenging to try and turn the slop we have at linebacker into a good unit.

Sucks how the only coach that got swiped from us was Spags, the only one I wanted to keep.

5trive for Fiv5

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Can't complain about loyalty to the organization. Either that, or he realized how much of a wretched hive of scum and villany Philadelphia is...
    Exactly, man! Nice!!!

I was actually hoping that Hermann would get the job, nothing against Hermann personally but since our LBers have basically sucked for so long no matter who we put back there I thought it might be time for some new ideas and thinking at that position. I know we haven't exactly given Hermann a lot of talent to work with but still something else might be wrong there and it could be the coach who knows...

Quote Originally Posted by JesseJames View Post
    I was actually hoping that Hermann would get the job, nothing against Hermann personally but since our LBers have basically sucked for so long no matter who we put back there I thought it might be time for some new ideas and thinking at that position. I know we haven't exactly given Hermann a lot of talent to work with but still something else might be wrong there and it could be the coach who knows...
    Reese and Herrmann both deserve a "C-" at best when it comes to how the linebacking unit has been stocked and coached up, respectively

Reese has given the Giants nothing but retreads, conversion projects, and special teamers..... but guys like Herzlich and Rivers should have better upside than what we've seen. And Boley has taken a step back. Something is not getting through to this group.

And it's crazy that Blackburn is the Giants best linebacker.....and yet could have been signed away by another team while Reese dithered.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

They have a thing for taking Offensive coaches to run the D. Take Gilbride!!! lol

Veteran
    Rochester, NY Yes Bills contry what can I do its where I live
    Is it the chicken or the egg? Do our LBs look bad due to poor coaching, or do our coaches look bad due to poor talent. To be honest, it could be both. Our better backers were hurt most of the season. I lean toward less talent, in the end. Can't be happy or sad over the news at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by JesseJames View Post
    "New ideas and thinking"? From the Giants? NOOOOWAYYYY that's happening! Eli runs a great no huddle offense (see just before the half in the Saints game), but how often do we run that? Almost never. I guess we're scared of running our "defense" out there with too little rest.

+ Reply to Thread