+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: With The 19th Pick in the 2013 NFL Draft

Quote Originally Posted by jaxnygmen View Post
    Hell trade out of the first round and maybe get another first round for the following year! this way we can move up and get Clowney from SC!!!!!
    We're gonna have to pull off an RG3 trade for that to happen haha.... im not so sure I wouldn't do it though. He has the potential to be one of the most dominant players in the nfl right off the bat.

The guy is a playmaker and we don't have a single one of those at the LB position.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Id rather have a DE or CB but I wouldnt hate it. Like it better than a split time RB thats for sure
    lol

Im not really sure about Taylor I like a couple other 2nd tier guys better. He is rather upright and stiff and unlike Ansah who doesnt have a lot of bend he doesnt play with the same strength in his base or have active enough hands
    Hes got oodles of potential though.. Lets not forget, this guy is like 2nd all time in TFL at S.Carolina, and has length to bat balls down, and is fairly athletic, as u seen when he was chasing a RB down from like 15yrds away from him, or when i think Alex Carder bootlegged and he bit, but still managed to change direction and fly back the other way and get the QB for a loss or next to no gain.. Very intriguing player indeed, if u ask me.. Being at S.Carolina, its gonna be hard to not be overshadowed by Clowney and other stout defenders on that team, but he did pretty well, and put up solid seasons while there.. I think he'd be a solid fit opposite JPP.. I love having length in my DE's, ala Mike Strahan and JPP..

To be honest, Devin Taylor reminds me a very little of Michael Strahan.. I said a very little!!!lol

Hes made plays from his first snap at S.Carolina, when he forced a fumble(seems to have a knack for), he also has returned multiple INTs for TDs, and Blocked a Punt while there, he lead the team in Passes defensed in 2010, and QB hurries, and has always made a ton of plays against the run, as u can see with his solid tackle totals.. Hes been a really diverse playmaker for S.Carolina, and has showed he can impact a game in many diffrent ways..
    Last edited by nycsportzfan; 01-22-2013 at 07:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Hes got oodles of potential though.. Lets not forget, this guy is like 2nd all time in TFL at S.Carolina, and has length to bat balls down, and is fairly athletic, as u seen when he was chasing a RB down from like 15yrds away from him, or when i think Alex Carder bootlegged and he bit, but still managed to change direction and fly back the other way and get the QB for a loss or next to no gain.. Very intriguing player indeed, if u ask me.. Being at S.Carolina, its gonna be hard to not be overshadowed by Clowney and other stout defenders on that team, but he did pretty well, and put up solid seasons while there.. I think he'd be a solid fit opposite JPP.. I love having length in my DE's, ala Mike Strahan and JPP..

To be honest, Devin Taylor reminds me a very little of Michael Strahan.. I said a very little!!!lol

Hes made plays from his first snap at S.Carolina, when he forced a fumble(seems to have a knack for), he also has returned multiple INTs for TDs, and Blocked a Punt while there, he lead the team in Passes defensed in 2010, and QB hurries, and has always made a ton of plays against the run, as u can see with his solid tackle totals.. Hes been a really diverse playmaker for S.Carolina, and has showed he can impact a game in many diffrent ways..
    Its not really being over shadowed its how he plays.
    He looks like a tweener to me. Someone who isnt Flexible or quick enough to play 4-3 DE and doesnt play with the base of a 3-4 end. It depends on the round for me.

Its not really being over shadowed its how he plays.
    He looks like a tweener to me. Someone who isnt Flexible or quick enough to play 4-3 DE and doesnt play with the base of a 3-4 end. It depends on the round for me.
    I agree hes kinda a tweener, but more on the side of 4/3, and is athletic and long enough to do many things on defense.. Also a player u might be able to slide inside on occasion ala tuck..

He looked to have much better speed then i thought in that shrine game the other day. Like i said, he chased down a RB(believe Michael?) from about 15yrds away .. He really closes the gap quickly with long strides and ability to lay out his long frame and make tackles sooner then a shorter person who would need another step or 2 to do so... Athletic enough to block punts and return picks in back to back seasons as well..

I'm telling ya Redeye, ur sleeping on Devin Taylor!!lol

Ogletree is still a second round prospect on most every draft board I've seen.

Okafor or Ansah for me (Ansah is tearing it up in the Senior Bowl so might not be available at #19).

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I agree hes kinda a tweener, but more on the side of 4/3, and is athletic and long enough to do many things on defense.. Also a player u might be able to slide inside on occasion ala tuck..

He looked to have much better speed then i thought in that shrine game the other day. Like i said, he chased down a RB(believe Michael?) from about 15yrds away .. He really closes the gap quickly with long strides and ability to lay out his long frame and make tackles sooner then a shorter person who would need another step or 2 to do so... Athletic enough to block punts and return picks in back to back seasons as well..

I'm telling ya Redeye, ur sleeping on Devin Taylor!!lol
    Im pretty familiar with him Ive been cutting games of him for 3 years. His straight line speed isnt an issue. Im more concerned with lack of burst,flexibility and quickness. If were talking 4th or 5th round I dont have a problem with it

Quote Originally Posted by GoDeep80 View Post
    My thinking for DE is Devin Taylor in the 3rd. He's Big, a good Run defender, and he can still add more weight to his 6'8 frame and play at 275-280 and still be athletic.
    That's not a bad choice. I think he's a potential sleeper that could fall to the 4th round. He is very big and very athletic but unless he wows scouts at the combine he will not be considered a top 15 DE and could be had later with great potential. He has played with some great defensive talent at SC too. You may be seeing him in my next mock...

Bench Player
    (1A)OT Eric Fisher if O-line is not addressed free agency
    (1B DT Sheldon Richardson- Big need at DT or a similiar high ranking DT
    (1C) DE Ezkiel Ansah- dont think he ll be there at 19

+ Reply to Thread