+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: With The 19th Pick in the 2013 NFL Draft

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Ogletree is still a second round prospect on most every draft board I've seen.

Okafor or Ansah for me (Ansah is tearing it up in the Senior Bowl so might not be available at #19).
    I can barely find one that doesn't have in in the first round.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSabbath View Post
    I can barely find one that doesn't have in in the first round.
    Huh you're right ... wow he moved up fast.

We'll see what the Combine does to his ranking.
    Last edited by Kruunch; 01-23-2013 at 08:14 AM.

Okafor or Ansah for me (Ansah is tearing it up in the Senior Bowl so might not be available at #19).
    Where do you see that Ansah is tearing it up at the Senior Bowl? Would love to see some notes on the performances there if you would bekind enough to share a link.

not sure what mocks you are looking at but ogeltree is going in the first somewhere between 15 an up in ALL of the major mocks. ogeltree is not a 1st round talent but ansah is? the same ensah who had only 10 tackles combined his sophomore and junior season? the one who has one ok year playing in a weaker conference against lesser opponents? the only thing putting this kid in the 1st is the notion that all athletically freaky college DE's "could" be the next JPP?

Huh you're right ... wow he moved up fast.

We'll what the Combine does to his ranking.
    Oh I fully expect him to have a beast of a combine. 40- 4.4, Vert- 40", Bench- 23. Then the coverage drills will be a piece of cake cause he's a former Safety. Honestly now that I think about it he might be a top 10 pick when all's said and done.

Quote Originally Posted by GoDeep80 View Post
    Oh I fully expect him to have a beast of a combine. 40- 4.4, Vert- 40", Bench- 23. Then the coverage drills will be a piece of cake cause he's a former Safety. Honestly now that I think about it he might be a top 10 pick when all's said and done.
    yup, his stock is going to rise.. big time

One thing ive realized is to rarely pay attention to draft boards....Every year theres guys that are supposedly 2nd round picks that usually end up in the 1st, if a guy has done nothing to hurt his stock & has a decent combine I almost always assume they go in the 1st......With that being said theres always supposed 1st rounders that go in the 2nd....Kinda like when some here hoping to take Ray mualuga in the 1st or Clay Mathews/cushing in the 2nd, because thats how %90 of boards had it playing out....lol

Quote Originally Posted by GoDeep80 View Post
    I'm easily most intrigued to see Alec Ogletree at the combine, becuase i feel hes going to tear it up! Its gonna be fun to watch...

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Im pretty familiar with him Ive been cutting games of him for 3 years. His straight line speed isnt an issue. Im more concerned with lack of burst,flexibility and quickness. If were talking 4th or 5th round I dont have a problem with it
    Hes not my ideal 3rd rd pick, but i woulden't be mad if we drafted em there.. I think hes gonna be a steal when said and done, but we shall see.. I like way to many players this yr!!!lol I'm sure its no coincidence that there are more under classmen then ever in this yrs draft though..lol

Talent at DE drops off significantly after the top heavy guys, and after that Shrine performance, Taylor is a guy whos gonna benefit bigtime becuase of it.. I think the Shrine game answered a few questions for Devin Taylor, and next up will be the combine, to answer a few more.. But he certainly passed his first test, with flying colors...

Watching senior bowl fisher is a man child and okafor has been killing it. I want Ogeltree bad myself lb need more speed without giving up run stuffing. Doesn't seem like a Giant pick. a guy I love was Queesberry something like that. He was a beast. If I had to choose giants pick it okafor.

+ Reply to Thread