+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: With The 19th Pick in the 2013 NFL Draft

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Really has nothing to do with JPP. It has a lot to do with how big and fast he is. People do take notice when a guy who never played Football before walks onto a Div 1 Defense and can play like he does. I can see your analyzing of players doesnt go much further than a stat sheet . Never mind that BYU runs 3 man fronts and he faces far more Double teams, rarely gets to rush upfield with abandon like Okafor. We can throw style of Defense completely out the window,we can throw how quickly he was coach able, all for a piece of paper with numbers on it im sure thats what the Giants scouts do.
    +1
    JPP is proof of this.

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Originally Posted by Redeyejedi
    Really has nothing to do with JPP. It has a lot to do with how big and fast he is. People do take notice when a guy who never played Football before walks onto a Div 1 Defense and can play like he does. I can see your analyzing of players doesnt go much further than a stat sheet . Never mind that BYU runs 3 man fronts and he faces far more Double teams, rarely gets to rush upfield with abandon like Okafor. We can throw style of Defense completely out the window,we can throw how quickly he was coach able, all for a piece of paper with numbers on it im sure thats what the Giants scouts do.

I'm not sure I follow your rant,,,I said that how can you say ansah is a 1st rounder but ogeltree isnt, ogeltree by far has the stronger reume and plays in the best division in football against NFL caliber players. you are not a professional analyst so to suggest somebody only looks at stats is laughable.,,your just a fan with an opinion like everyone else. second of all, his production, or lack of it in college, is because he had trouble with double teams and stopping the run, he gets pushed around and lacks a strong base to combat that,,,plus he admits that he lacks stamina which causes him to gas out on plays and he also takes himself out of many plays with poor technique.. so i guess the giants scouts will overlook that because you said so. third, it has everything to do with JPP as it pertains to DE...everybody is looking for the next. so every DE who is big, fast, athletic, raw and relatively inexperienced will be compared to him. JPP set the bar for these types of DE's. pretty straight forward. every JPP clone is not gonna be JPP, we were fortunate with him. next time read what is being said and try to comprehend it instead of trying to challenge somebody with your "knowledge".
    Last edited by ELI_HOF_NYG; 01-23-2013 at 06:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    Originally Posted by Redeyejedi

first of all you are not an analyst so to suggest somebody only looks at stats is laughable.,,your just a fan with an opinion like everyone else. second of all, his production, or lack of it in college, is because he had trouble with double teams and stopping the run, he gets pushed around and lacks a strong base to combat that,,,plus he admits that he lacks stamina and he also takes himself out of many plays with poor technique.. so i guess the giants scouts will overlook that because you said so. third, it has everything to do with JPP as it pertains to DE...everybody is looking for the next. so every DE who is big, fast, athletic, raw and relatively inexperienced will be compared to him. JPP set the bar, pretty straight forward. every JPP clone is not gonna be JPP, we were fortunate with him.
    U act like JPP was the first Athletic raw pass rusher Scouts always look for players who are big , fast and strong. It has nothing to do with JPP it has everything to do with that. I completely disagree with pretty much your whole breakdown of Ansah as well even though u copied it stright from the NFL website "read it before"
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 01-23-2013 at 06:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    U act like JPP was the first Athletic raw pass rusher Scouts always look for players who are big , fast and strong. It has nothing to do with JPP it has everything to do with that. I completely disagree with pretty much your whole breakdown of Ansah as well
    how many 1st rounders had the speed and measurements of JPP combined with how raw he was coming out of college? raw as in didnt play football most of there lives? I am sure you could name 4 or 5 off the top of your head...well then we agree to disagree,,doesnt mean you are right or I am wrong or vice versa. the pro scouts say these are his issues which can clearly be seen so I will go with that.all I was saying is you cant say iansah is a 1st rounder and ogeltree isnt.
    Last edited by ELI_HOF_NYG; 01-23-2013 at 06:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    how many 1st rounders had the speed and measurements of JPP combined with how raw he was coming out of college? raw as in didnt play football most of there lives? I am sure you could name 4 or 5 off the top of your head...well then we agree to disagree,,doesnt mean you are right or I am wrong or vice versa. the pro scouts say these are his issues which can clearly be seen so I will go with that.all I was saying is you cant say iansah is a 1st rounder and ogeltree isnt.
    Ogletrees a 1st rderds, theres no doubt about that.. I have no clue what ur debating, but that is just the way it is.. No chance a team dosen't take the upside of a kid whos got a nice long frame to add weight to a allready stupendous athletic nut who makes plays all over the field and clearly made his team alot better on defense as soon as he started playing, and add in the fact hes had verstailty with his past time at Safety , and is capable of stopping a truck one on one with a head of steam on the half yrd line(Eddie Lacy), and u got urself a 1st rder..

he very well could be a 1st rounder...but he is not a MLB'er at the next level IMO....he would make a beast WLB though

GET WELL SOON

Quote Originally Posted by DownWitJPP View Post
    he very well could be a 1st rounder...but he is not a MLB'er at the next level IMO....he would make a beast WLB though
    Why not? He is 6ft 3in 232lbs.. He'd have no problem putting on another 10lbs and maintaining his athletic abilty, and he all ready can cover, run, and jump, and makes about one big hit a game and racks up the tackles.. Theres no reason he can't stick at MLB in a tampa 2 type defense...

+ Reply to Thread