+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who do you want us to draft and why?

Who do you want us to draft and why?

I don't watch college football a lot but I usually start watching highlights of all the prospects after the SB.

I personally wouldn't mind the BPA if they were OL, DL, LB, or CB

Anyone in particular you guys want? and why? (if you don't know anyone by name, just list the position)

Ogletree.. in my opinion, MLB is the biggest need..
    if guys like Warmack, Banks or Richardson fall, I'd be happy also.

DEs I like.. Okafor & Ansah

I think Chance Warmack, G (Alabama) would really make a huge impact on this team. I also really like Matt Elam, S (Florida) - he's a true football player, intensity on every play.
    Quote Originally Posted by PBTimmons View Post
    This. Pugh is not happening. Not. Happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    Ogletree.. in my opinion, MLB is the biggest need..
    if guys like Warmack, Banks or Richardson fall, I'd be happy also.

DEs I like.. Okafor & Ansah
    I've seen footage on Ogletree and Ansah so far, they look good but I'm hearing that they'll be out of reach for us

^^ the combine will tell all..

No single player really stands out to me at the 19th spot right now but there's a bunch of guys I wouldn't mind. I'm more decided in regards to the 2nd - 4th round range.

Ogletree...He's got the dog mentality that this D lacks

Here's what I've got (very rough draft) from rounds 1 to 4, in order of preference

Alot depends on what happens in prior rounds (i.e, if Giants go OL in 1st, I'd hope they'd address a different position in the 2nd, etc).

I'm not listing guys that I don't expect to be around when the Giants are on the clock....basically looking at guys that are projected to be +/- 3 picks from the Giants pick in each round.

1st Round:

Jonathan Jenkins, DT, Georgia (not sure if he's around, but at 6-3 and 351 he's literally too big to pass up if available)
    DJ Fluker, RT, Alabama (Dallas might snag him, if not, Fluker could be long-term anchor for years).
    Alec Ogletree, ILB Georgia (he'd be a great consolation prize if Jenkins and Fluker are gone.....speed, plus great run defender).
    Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan (already has polish and footwork....at 6'-7" has frame to bulk up without losing speed....smooth blocker).

2nd Round

Alex Okafor, LB, Texas
    Lane Johnson, LT, Oklahoma
    Kevin Minter, LB, LSU
    Khaseem Greene, LB, Rutgers (absolutely love this kid's speed...a little undersized for pro LB, but would thrive in Fewell's system; a much better pursuit defender....doesn't have the bulk/strength to shed blocks head-on, but killer sideline speed to defend the edge in run support; former safety, so would excel as coverage LB; would upgrade the gang-tackling ability of the Giants defense).
    Sylvester Williams, DT, NC

3rd Round

Alex Hurst, RT, LSU
    Kyle Long, LT, Oregon
    Terry Hawthorne, CB, Illinois

4th Round

Brandon Jenkins, OLB, Florida State
    Alvin Bailey, OG, Arkansas
    Jordan Hill, DT, Penn State
    Last edited by joemorrisforprez; 01-21-2013 at 01:52 PM.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    2nd Round

Alex Okafor, LB, Texas
    Lane Johnson, LT, Oklahoma
    I'd be ecstatic if one of those guys were available in the 2nd. Okafor's pass rushing ability is just too good to drop that far and Lane Johnson benefits from good measurables and other OTs dropping out of the draft. Who knows though.

After watching some of the Championship Games, I'm 100% for offensive line. with a good O-Line the Giants can control the game with the run, and Eli will pick apart D's if they have to fear the run with some Play-action. Look at how much time Brady gets, look at how San Fran dominated on the ground. Even Baltimore was impressive that last drive to end the game where NE knew the run was coming but couldn't stop it. Chance Warmack or Johnathan Cooper would be my choice.

+ Reply to Thread