+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Who do you want us to draft and why?

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    I'd be ecstatic if one of those guys were available in the 2nd. Okafor's pass rushing ability is just too good to drop that far and Lane Johnson benefits from good measurables and other OTs dropping out of the draft. Who knows though.
    best case senerio if those 2 are still there..

Quote Originally Posted by quan the don View Post
    After watching some of the Championship Games, I'm 100% for offensive line. with a good O-Line the Giants can control the game with the run, and Eli will pick apart D's if they have to fear the run with some Play-action. Look at how much time Brady gets, look at how San Fran dominated on the ground. Even Baltimore was impressive that last drive to end the game where NE knew the run was coming but couldn't stop it. Chance Warmack or Johnathan Cooper would be my choice.
    Good points.....those singing the praises of the read-option need to recognize the offensive lines. SF's offensive line might be the best in the NFL. Shanahan has always been a mastermind in the running game too, and he took his magic from Denver to DC.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

any chance Manti falls to us?
    would you guys want him?

My top three right now are Warmack, Fisher or Banks...in that order. Very good chance all may be gone before 19 but with the combine and workouts you can never be sure who'll slide.

The idea of having C.Warmack blocking for Wilson has me salivating...the dude just plays so strong and vicious. Fisher is huge (6"7) nasty blocker with a solid frame who could immediately fill the void at RT...and Jonathon Banks is my boy. I think he's better Dee Milliner... he adds size, long arms to jam receivers, good speed and has value to contribute in the return right away while he's groomed to succeed Webster.

The Giants land any of those players I'd be ecstatic.
    Last edited by titwio; 01-21-2013 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PBTimmons View Post
    I think Chance Warmack, G (Alabama) would really make a huge impact on this team. I also really like Matt Elam, S (Florida) - he's a true football player, intensity on every play.
    I like Elam, but unless they plan on getting rid of Rolle or not signing Phillips, then I cant see drafting a S in the 1st.....Hill,Rolle,Phillips,Brown,Rookie is pretty crowded...

Quote Originally Posted by myles2424 View Post
    I like Elam, but unless they plan on getting rid of Rolle or not signing Phillips, then I cant see drafting a S in the 1st.....Hill,Rolle,Phillips,Brown,Rookie is pretty crowded...
    Agreed but it seems like they might let KP hit the market instead of signing him. Stevie Brown is also an unknown at this point as an RFA. Considering the cap situation it's also not unreasonable to think Rolle could be a goner. Depending on how all it shapes up we could have a need at Safety.

Elam also seems to be the kind of player the Giants like. He has versatility to play Safety/Corner/Backer but definitely looks best at FS.
    Quote Originally Posted by PBTimmons View Post
    This. Pugh is not happening. Not. Happening.

Quote Originally Posted by quan the don View Post
    After watching some of the Championship Games, I'm 100% for offensive line. with a good O-Line the Giants can control the game with the run, and Eli will pick apart D's if they have to fear the run with some Play-action. Look at how much time Brady gets, look at how San Fran dominated on the ground. Even Baltimore was impressive that last drive to end the game where NE knew the run was coming but couldn't stop it. Chance Warmack or Johnathan Cooper would be my choice.
    the giants will most likely go Defense in the first 2 rounds, possibly 3 unless an extremely juicy OL prospect falls to us. historically they draft defense in the 1st round,,and CB more times than not in the first or second the past 20 or so years.
    Last edited by ELI_HOF_NYG; 01-21-2013 at 05:42 PM.

1st round guys i'd like

1). Alec Ogletree OLB Georgia
    2). Ez Ansah DE BYU
    3). Chance Warmack G/ Eric Fisher OT Bama/ C.Mich
    4). Lane Johnson OT Oklahoma(i love this kid, and see his stock in the 1st rd when draft times here).
    5). Kawaan Short DT Purdue(i like em better then Richardson and think hes a 1st rd talent who will go in RD1 on draft day.)

RD 2 Guys i'd love
    1). Khaseem Greene OLB Rutgers
    2). Kevin Minter ILB LSU
    3). Kawaan Short DT Purdue(if he don't go in RD1, i'd be esstatic to get em in rd 2)
    4).Logan Ryan CB Rutgers/ Jordan Poyer CB Oregon St/ Xavier Rhodes CB Florida St
    5). Sylvester Williams DT UNC

RD3 guys i'd love
    1). Jamar Taylor CB Boise St(freaking love em!)
    2). Desmond Trufant CB Washington
    3). Tank Carradine DE Florida St.
    4). Gerald Hodges OLB Penn St/ Kevin Red**** ILB UNC
    5). Mallichiah Goodman DE Clemson/ Datone Jones DE UCLA/ Devin Taylor DE S.Carolina

RD 4 guys i'd love

1). Kevin Red**** ILB UNC
    2). Devin Taylor DE S.Carolina
    3). DJ Swearinger S S.Carolina
    4). Levine Toiolo TE Stanford/ Gavin Escobar TE San Diego St.
    5). Micah Hyde CB Iowa/ Terry Hawthorne CB Illinois

A few other players u could plus in and i'd be happy would be- Sio Moore OLB UCONN(rd 3or4), Brennan Williams OT UNC, (RD3), TJ McDonald S USC(RD3), Baccari Rambo S Georgia(rd 2 or 3), Zac Ertz TE Stanford(RD2)..

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    1st round guys i'd like

1). Alec Ogletree OLB Georgia
    2). Ez Ansah DE BYU
    3). Chance Warmack G/ Eric Fisher OT Bama/ C.Mich
    4). Lane Johnson OT Oklahoma(i love this kid, and see his stock in the 1st rd when draft times here).
    5). Kawaan Short DT Purdue(i like em better then Richardson and think hes a 1st rd talent who will go in RD1 on draft day.)

RD 2 Guys i'd love
    1). Khaseem Greene OLB Rutgers
    2). Kevin Minter ILB LSU
    3). Kawaan Short DT Purdue(if he don't go in RD1, i'd be esstatic to get em in rd 2)
    4).Logan Ryan CB Rutgers/ Jordan Poyer CB Oregon St/ Xavier Rhodes CB Florida St
    5). Sylvester Williams DT UNC

RD3 guys i'd love
    1). Jamar Taylor CB Boise St(freaking love em!)
    2). Desmond Trufant CB Washington
    3). Tank Carradine DE Florida St.
    4). Gerald Hodges OLB Penn St/ Kevin Red**** ILB UNC
    5). Mallichiah Goodman DE Clemson/ Datone Jones DE UCLA/ Devin Taylor DE S.Carolina

RD 4 guys i'd love

1). Kevin Red**** ILB UNC
    2). Devin Taylor DE S.Carolina
    3). DJ Swearinger S S.Carolina
    4). Levine Toiolo TE Stanford/ Gavin Escobar TE San Diego St.
    5). Micah Hyde CB Iowa/ Terry Hawthorne CB Illinois

A few other players u could plus in and i'd be happy would be- Sio Moore OLB UCONN(rd 3or4), Brennan Williams OT UNC, (RD3), TJ McDonald S USC(RD3), Baccari Rambo S Georgia(rd 2 or 3), Zac Ertz TE Stanford(RD2)..

something about hodges and being a penn state LB that really makes me interested. also,,he was pretty pissed off he did not get an invite to the senior bowl,,,so he is obviously coming to the table with a chip on his shoulder,,,I like that.

Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    something about hodges and being a penn state LB that really makes me interested. also,,he was pretty pissed off he did not get an invite to the senior bowl,,,so he is obviously coming to the table with a chip on his shoulder,,,I like that.
    Ya, he is really good. A rangy guy, with length, and u can blitz em, hes not a weakness in coverege, plays the game the right way, and also very hard..etc Hes a quality quality player.. He kinda reminds me of a safe pick, that could turn out even better then that, possibly...

+ Reply to Thread