+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who do you want us to draft and why?

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    1st round guys i'd like

1). Alec Ogletree OLB Georgia
    2). Ez Ansah DE BYU
    3). Chance Warmack G/ Eric Fisher OT Bama/ C.Mich
    4). Lane Johnson OT Oklahoma(i love this kid, and see his stock in the 1st rd when draft times here).
    5). Kawaan Short DT Purdue(i like em better then Richardson and think hes a 1st rd talent who will go in RD1 on draft day.)

RD 2 Guys i'd love
    1). Khaseem Greene OLB Rutgers
    2). Kevin Minter ILB LSU
    3). Kawaan Short DT Purdue(if he don't go in RD1, i'd be esstatic to get em in rd 2)
    4).Logan Ryan CB Rutgers/ Jordan Poyer CB Oregon St/ Xavier Rhodes CB Florida St
    5). Sylvester Williams DT UNC

RD3 guys i'd love
    1). Jamar Taylor CB Boise St(freaking love em!)
    2). Desmond Trufant CB Washington
    3). Tank Carradine DE Florida St.
    4). Gerald Hodges OLB Penn St/ Kevin Red**** ILB UNC
    5). Mallichiah Goodman DE Clemson/ Datone Jones DE UCLA/ Devin Taylor DE S.Carolina

RD 4 guys i'd love

1). Kevin Red**** ILB UNC
    2). Devin Taylor DE S.Carolina
    3). DJ Swearinger S S.Carolina
    4). Levine Toiolo TE Stanford/ Gavin Escobar TE San Diego St.
    5). Micah Hyde CB Iowa/ Terry Hawthorne CB Illinois

A few other players u could plus in and i'd be happy would be- Sio Moore OLB UCONN(rd 3or4), Brennan Williams OT UNC, (RD3), TJ McDonald S USC(RD3), Baccari Rambo S Georgia(rd 2 or 3), Zac Ertz TE Stanford(RD2)..
    What happened to you and Okafor? You were quite high on him during the season. What changed?

Personally, I still think he is a comparable prospect to Ansah. What has changed your mind? I dont see you mention him at all.

Btw, with regards to your above list. I think Warmack is the best prospect on your list of 1st rounders. I know guard isnt as high a value position, but he is the best player in that group and will likely be rated above those other guys. I also struggle to believe, although I know some project him to go there, that Trufant will be a 3rd rounder. If he does fall that far, I have to believe it is a case of him just being hidden up in the pacific northwest away from people. I also struggle with the notion of Carradine as a 3rd rounder. Him being a passrusher, and the extraordinary value they hold these days, i just dont see someone taking a chance on him sooner despite his knee injury.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    What happened to you and Okafor? You were quite high on him during the season. What changed?

Personally, I still think he is a comparable prospect to Ansah. What has changed your mind? I dont see you mention him at all.

Btw, with regards to your above list. I think Warmack is the best prospect on your list of 1st rounders. I know guard isnt as high a value position, but he is the best player in that group and will likely be rated above those other guys. I also struggle to believe, although I know some project him to go there, that Trufant will be a 3rd rounder. If he does fall that far, I have to believe it is a case of him just being hidden up in the pacific northwest away from people. I also struggle with the notion of Carradine as a 3rd rounder. Him being a passrusher, and the extraordinary value they hold these days, i just dont see someone taking a chance on him sooner despite his knee injury.
    Carradine I think will go late 2nd round. There are 3 Second tier guys i like Carradine,Buchanan and Goodman. All bring something different.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Ya, he is really good. A rangy guy, with length, and u can blitz em, hes not a weakness in coverege, plays the game the right way, and also very hard..etc Hes a quality quality player.. He kinda reminds me of a safe pick, that could turn out even better then that, possibly...
    so 3rd round for hogdes? I dont see him going before then but late 2nd could be possible? definitely gone by the fourth?

I think Fluker would be ideal, he is a mountain and can move. Ogletree is a strong LB, saw him a few times being from the south. Warmack is another solid pick but I think we need tackles more than a guard. I would pass on Greene. I have seen footage and he can not shed any blockers, this is our issue now. Minter is stronger if Bostic from Florida goes later, he might be a could pickup in the fourth or fifth round.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Carradine I think will go late 2nd round. There are 3 Second tier guys i like Carradine,Buchanan and Goodman. All bring something different.
    Datone JOnes is no joke as well.. I like Goodman and Jones...

I still like em.. This draft is loaded with prospects, and players i like, possibly more then any draft in some time, and even though i listed 1-5, if i had a 6th guy and sometimes 7th guy, i'd still be pleased with us getting them, and Okafor would be there if i went to a 6th or 7th guy in RD1... I just like alot of players this yr..

I noticed Kawaan Short killed it in first practice for Sr Bowl,a s well as Kevin Red****, Jordan Poyer(had a few down moments, but mostly good), Jamar Taylor, Lane Johnson(pass blockings insane), and Jordan Hill as well.. As u know, Jordan Hill is a guy i very much like, and he was pretty outstanding from what i read yesterday as well.. I know u don't care for Hill that much...

Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    so 3rd round for hogdes? I dont see him going before then but late 2nd could be possible? definitely gone by the fourth?
    I think hes definetly gone by 4th rd, and most likely a 3rd rder, with a slight possiblity for 2nd, if a team falls in love.. After Greene, Brown, Ogletree, Minter, and Te'o, i think LB for 4/3 falls off, and the next tier is Kevin Red**** and Gerald Hodges, so i feel both Red**** and Hodges will go in RD 3, with slight chance of very late 2nd...

As far as Trufant, don't forget this threads for "who u want" and to me, kinda sounds like a thread for best case scenarios to how u feel about it, type thing.. Now, i'd be ok with getting Trufant in RD2, as i think hes that good, but since i have seen him in RD3 and its obviously possible for him to go there, i put him in my 3rd rd hopeful range.. Hes just a player i really like and would be esstatic in RD3 to get em, but would also have no issue getting em in RD2..

add Lane Johnson to my list.. big fan

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    add Lane Johnson to my list.. big fan
    Yup, i agree.. I think hes a 1st rder, on the rise and with draft class not overly deep with OT prospects, and it being such a coveted positon, Johnson's in prime positon to be a 1st rd pick.. Hes a great pass blocker, and has frame to add quite a few lbs and get stronger in Run game.. Also very athletic.. I like em alot..

+ Reply to Thread