+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Defensive conditioning

Listening to Mike n Mike today and Jaworski commented on how physical the ravens D was late in the season and attributed it fantastic conditioning. I would agree totally. Some have pointed to injuries that plague the giants as a direct link to conditioning. Now I know all teams suffer injuries, its football. But I felt both teams going in to the superbowl have dominating defensive players and it seems the conditioning their coaches put upon them certainly pays off.

I've been on this for a long time.
    The Giants coaches need to do a much better job with this.
    There has to be much more time dedicated to the conditioning of these athletes.
    These nagging injuries that continue from one year to the next cannot be acceptable.
    Thank You!!!

the Giants have one of the best conditioning staffs not only in the NFL but in all of sports

Jerry Palmieri is an award winning strength and conditioning trainer and is highly regarded and coveted in the league

Quote Originally Posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    the Giants have one of the best conditioning staffs not only in the NFL but in all of sports

Jerry Palmieri is an award winning strength and conditioning trainer and is highly regarded and coveted in the league
    No matter how often you say it, people will still not believe you.

defensive conditioning could very well be the problem since the team seems to run out of gas as the season goes on

Exactly. The majority of the time you see alot of "hands on hips"

Quote Originally Posted by JesseJames View Post
    defensive conditioning could very well be the problem since the team seems to run out of gas as the season goes on
    Well, if they could get off the field by forcing more 3 & outs, maybe they wouldn't get so gassed.

Quote Originally Posted by Razur View Post
    Well, if they could get off the field by forcing more 3 & outs, maybe they wouldn't get so gassed.
    I think alot of it has to do with the running game as well. If the offense can eat up some clock, the defense can stay off the field and rest up. The Giants' offense, when they scored, were usually pretty quick. So even when the defense did get off the field, without just a 3 and out, the offense would score so quick that they were right back on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Rat_bastich View Post
    I think alot of it has to do with the running game as well. If the offense can eat up some clock, the defense can stay off the field and rest up. The Giants' offense, when they scored, were usually pretty quick. So even when the defense did get off the field, without just a 3 and out, the offense would score so quick that they were right back on the field.
    When the defense actually comes out on the field for the first series and makes a stop instead of giving up 11-14 play drives to open the game, then I will start to believe they are gassed because of the offense.
    "...gently down the loser stream!!"

--80--

yea I dont buy our great conditioning because on the field shows otherwise. That award is probably more like NBA all star game where people just vote the guys they know and you get tracy mcgrady 5 years out of his prime with no knees and averaging 5 ppg getting to play in the all star game