+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Defensive conditioning

but YA could their lak of motivation be attributed to coaching staff though?

and ya dont tell me you think these guys are grown men. lets not be so naive here

Quote Originally Posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    if these guys are not motivated enough to keep them selves in top condition there is nothing any trainer or coach can do

these are grown men people

the NY Giants trainers put them on the best lifting , cardio, and dietary programs ...... custom built for each player

if they are winded and out of shape it is their own lazy *** fault for not putting in the extra work

any pro athlete that needs his hand held by a coach or trainer will not last long in any league
    Something is apparently not getting communicated, then.

Marvin Austin won't be gracing a Wheaties box anytime soon.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by bigbluetribe View Post
    but YA could their lak of motivation be attributed to coaching staff though?
    I'm not in the lockerroom so I have no idea

what I do know is that these players love Jerry

and he goes out of his way for them on a daily basis and loves every one of his players like they are family.....some even call him papa Palmieri

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    Something is apparently not getting communicated, then.

Marvin Austin won't be gracing a Wheaties box anytime soon.
    do you honestly need me to tell you that Marvin Austin is a lazy ***?

all the coaching and motivational speaking in the world couldn't get that kid off his backside

Quote Originally Posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    do you honestly need me to tell you that Marvin Austin is a lazy ***?

all the coaching and motivational speaking in the world couldn't get that kid off his backside
    I agree these are grown men....I also have a dim view of Austin.....but it's the job of the coaches and trainers to prepare these guys and hold them accountable.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

HGH= Ravens

Quote Originally Posted by gfanblue View Post
    Listening to Mike n Mike today and Jaworski commented on how physical the ravens D was late in the season and attributed it fantastic conditioning. I would agree totally. Some have pointed to injuries that plague the giants as a direct link to conditioning. Now I know all teams suffer injuries, its football. But I felt both teams going in to the superbowl have dominating defensive players and it seems the conditioning their coaches put upon them certainly pays off.
    did we win the super bowl last year or is it just me?

Veteran
    I guess the strength and conditioning staff did a better job last season. /s

If you haven't noticed the Ravens run has been very similar!

I may not know as much as others here but I do know this:
    This team is far from being in top condition. Excellent points have been made here.
    Players being winded at the end of the games is a perfect example.
    And what about Bradshaw and Nicks?
    And others who can't get on the field?
    I know injuries happen in the NFL but I'm sure things would be different if these guys were in, and maintained, top condition.
    And what's this Papa stuff?
    I want championships not a Papa.
    This organization needs to be much more aggressive in a whole bunch of areas.

+ Reply to Thread