+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Defensive conditioning

Quote Originally Posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    if these guys are not motivated enough to keep them selves in top condition there is nothing any trainer or coach can do these are grown men peoplethe NY Giants trainers put them on the best lifting , cardio, and dietary programs ...... custom built for each playerif they are winded and out of shape it is their own lazy *** fault for not putting in the extra workany pro athlete that needs his hand held by a coach or trainer will not last long in any league
    TOTALLY agree!! It goes beyond this. Personal reaponsibility and accountability is soon to be a lost art

Quote Originally Posted by thomasjmarino View Post
    I may not know as much as others here but I do know this:
    This team is far from being in top condition. Excellent points have been made here.
    Players being winded at the end of the games is a perfect example.
    And what about Bradshaw and Nicks?
    And others who can't get on the field?
    I know injuries happen in the NFL but I'm sure things would be different if these guys were in, and maintained, top condition.
    And what's this Papa stuff?
    I want championships not a Papa.
    This organization needs to be much more aggressive in a whole bunch of areas.
    these are professional athletes ...do you think they are in poor condition?

and tell me specifically what injuries you think are due to poor conditioning so I can tell you that you are out of your mind

yes they call Jerry pop because they love him and he loves them......

have you ever been on a team before?

do you have any idea how important it is for the members of a team to believe in each other and care for each other ?

do you have any idea how important it is to trust and care for those who are mentoring and training you ?

do you know how important it is to have that love...that brotherhood ?

thats the way they feel about Jerry

I have seen it first hand on many occasions

these players love him and would walk through fire for him

To YATitle:

Knowledge and experience in the field of so called "strength and conditioning" has no bearing on whether or not hes demanding enough on the players. His reach in this organization is limited. Conditioning is also a task performed by the HC. If TC didnt like a certain practice, it is is his complete control to tell the whole team to go run 3 miles.

ok ok, I understand you're argument. But you are old and stubborn on this issue. Knowledge does not equal delivery. In other words, Albert Einstein is arguably the smartest man to ever live....but task him with teaching 52 other people nonlinear differential theory and the results might be sub-par at best.

Does this simple logic ever occur to you?

Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    did we win the super bowl last year or is it just me?
    Well we stole it from the 49ers, so.....(red font)

All-Pro
    It never ceases to amaze me that some posters on this board feel that every coach is beyond reproach, often arguing that they are amazing. If you point out a potential problem on the team it is, and can only be, the players fault... because coaches can't catch, throw, or in this case exercise. Essentially arguing that coaches have no responsibility or direct link to the failures, and by extension successes. If that's the case, then coaches can't be good or bad, in fact they are not even needed because only the players determine success or failure.

I am not here to argue about conditioning, because I honestly don't know if the players are well conditioned or not... but the argument that Jerry Palmieri is not responsible for lack of conditioning, if there is any, but that he is among the best in the league seems a bit off to me. Either he is great and directly responsible, bad and directly responsible, or he is irrelevant. He isn't there to be liked, he is there to make sure guys are in shape. If they want a likeable guy that is irrelevant, I will work for half his salary.
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Quote Originally Posted by CowboysSuck View Post
    To YATitle:

Knowledge and experience in the field of so called "strength and conditioning" has no bearing on whether or not hes demanding enough on the players. His reach in this organization is limited. Conditioning is also a task performed by the HC. If TC didnt like a certain practice, it is is his complete control to tell the whole team to go run 3 miles.

ok ok, I understand you're argument. But you are old and stubborn on this issue. Knowledge does not equal delivery. In other words, Albert Einstein is arguably the smartest man to ever live....but task him with teaching 52 other people nonlinear differential theory and the results might be sub-par at best.

Does this simple logic ever occur to you?
    so new strength and conditioning coach and this team becomes a dynasty?

I apologize in advance.....but you haven't a clue what you are talking about

not one tiny clue ....it is ever so evident in your above post

you know not one thing about the conditioning program within the NY Football Giants organization......zero

does this simple logic occur to you ?

The NFL does not test for HGH.

DO you think any Players are on HGH?

Do you think this can help stamina and conditioning?

Is it possible that Adrian Peterson took it? Do you think The way he came back from that injury was unnatural?

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    It never ceases to amaze me that some posters on this board feel that every coach is beyond reproach, often arguing that they are amazing. If you point out a potential problem on the team it is, and can only be, the players fault... because coaches can't catch, throw, or in this case exercise. Essentially arguing that coaches have no responsibility or direct link to the failures, and by extension successes. If that's the case, then coaches can't be good or bad, in fact they are not even needed because only the players determine success or failure.

I am not here to argue about conditioning, because I honestly don't know if the players are well conditioned or not... but the argument that Jerry Palmieri is not responsible for lack of conditioning, if there is any, but that he is among the best in the league seems a bit off to me. Either he is great and directly responsible, bad and directly responsible, or he is irrelevant. He isn't there to be liked, he is there to make sure guys are in shape. If they want a likeable guy that is irrelevant, I will work for half his salary.
    they work hard for him because they respect him.....he demands their respect

check out the weight room and pools on an off day .......they are full

that speaks volumes

so new strength and conditioning coach and this team becomes a dynasty?

I apologize in advance.....but you haven't a clue what you are talking about

not one tiny clue ....it is ever so evident in your above post

you know not one thing about the conditioning program within the NY Football Giants organization......zero

does this simple logic occur to you ?
    YA,,can't people just be happy that we were fortunate enough to have won 2 of the last 6 superbowls?, 4 all time? the most recent being last season? I just don't get all the disconnect. every team has injuries to varying degrees each year. to say it prevents us from anything just makes no sense, it's a part of the game and will alwys be part of the game. the ravens in fact were pretty banged up this year, where are they now? ah hah.

All-Pro
    they work hard for him because they respect him.....he demands their respect

check out the weight room and pools on an off day .......they are full

that speaks volumes
    I am sure that they do... but working hard doesn't always equate to being in top condition. Eating, stretching and doing the correct lifts/exercises in the proper way is what matters. Again, not suggesting they are or are not. I don't know of any specific injuries that the Giants see more than other teams because of conditioning... but if there is evidence that they have an issue, the strength and conditioning coach would be the first one that should take the blame. If they are all in great shape and there are no issue, then he should be lauded as a great coach.
    It is very unlikely to have a great coach with lousy results, or a lousy coach with great results.
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

+ Reply to Thread