+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Defensive conditioning

Quote Originally Posted by Snappinnecks View Post
    I agree with this. Beatty doesn't look any bigger now that he did when he arrived as a rookie. The number one knock on him was he need to bulk up more and get stronger.....That never happened...
    He is 320 pounds how much bigger should he get. He was 288 his Senior year

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    He is 320 pounds how much bigger should he get. He was 288 his Senior year
    I love how people think they can look at a TV and determine that a player is the same weight that he was in college and that he hasn't gotten any stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by JesseJames View Post
    defensive conditioning could very well be the problem since the team seems to run out of gas as the season goes on
    Well, if they could get off the field by forcing more 3 & outs, maybe they wouldn't get so gassed.

maybe they can't get the 3 and outs because they are gassed, the answer is in there somewhere and I hope the coaching staff can figure this out before next season because this was an issue this year and some of last year too...

Quote Originally Posted by Razur View Post
    Well, if they could get off the field by forcing more 3 & outs, maybe they wouldn't get so gassed.
    I think alot of it has to do with the running game as well. If the offense can eat up some clock, the defense can stay off the field and rest up. The Giants' offense, when they scored, were usually pretty quick. So even when the defense did get off the field, without just a 3 and out, the offense would score so quick that they were right back on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Rat_bastich View Post
    I think alot of it has to do with the running game as well. If the offense can eat up some clock, the defense can stay off the field and rest up. The Giants' offense, when they scored, were usually pretty quick. So even when the defense did get off the field, without just a 3 and out, the offense would score so quick that they were right back on the field.
    When the defense actually comes out on the field for the first series and makes a stop instead of giving up 11-14 play drives to open the game, then I will start to believe they are gassed because of the offense.
    ...the tortillas are dry...

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    This is why Jimmy Johnson is a winner.

There's laying out a strength and conditioning program, and expecting everyone to put on their big boy pants and follow it.

And then there's someone like Jimmy Johnson, who is going to fire people up...

That was the best speech ive ever heard. I wish my high school would have had Jimmy Johnson come in during my lacrosse and football days to get me motivated. All the skill in the world didnt mean ****; I couldnt run as long as the best guys.

+ Reply to Thread