+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    I am sure that they do... but working hard doesn't always equate to being in top condition. Eating, stretching and doing the correct lifts/exercises in the proper way is what matters. Again, not suggesting they are or are not. I don't know of any specific injuries that the Giants see more than other teams because of conditioning... but if there is evidence that they have an issue, the strength and conditioning coach would be the first one that should take the blame. If they are all in great shape and there are no issue, then he should be lauded as a great coach.
    It is very unlikely to have a great coach with lousy results, or a lousy coach with great results.
    what are the strength and conditioning issues this team has?

this is forum fabrication......there are not any

...and are you implying that these guys are not eating right , stretching and doing correct exercises ?

you do know that this is a storied professional franchise highly established since 1925 correct?

these players have diets, stretches, and workouts specifically tailored to each player and their specific needs and goals......every minute of the day is accounted for within these players workouts from how much water they drink down to how much sleep they should be getting.......for some players every single step they take during the day is measured with pedometers to get precise calculations on injuries and to help with preventative measures

so if you think for a second that these guys are not getting the proper treatment that a professional athlete needs then you wasted a second of your life
    Last edited by YATittle1962; 01-21-2013 at 09:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSherrard View Post
    The NFL does not test for HGH.

DO you think any Players are on HGH?

Do you think this can help stamina and conditioning?

Is it possible that Adrian Peterson took it? Do you think The way he came back from that injury was unnatural?
    It seems odd that both lewis and suggs not only tore muscles but were able to come back so quickly. Hard to say if the ravens seem more jacked than other teams.....

I was just thinking today they must be taking something at half time to come out with such energy. The amount of plays they were on the field the first two playoffs games was unusual, yet they still had a ton of energy to shut out the pats in the 2nd half.
    I suspect something, and i dont really care.....just wish the giants were motivated enough to try something too.

How would anyone here know if the players on this team are working out and "conditioning" more or less than players on any other team? Do you guys have special camera feeds to the Giants weight room that I don't know about? There is nothing that makes a person look dumber than when they try and talk like they know about something that they couldn't possibly have any information about!
    "These guys look tired after playing an hour of football, the strength and conditioning coach must suck!" Really?

Quote Originally Posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    these are professional athletes ...do you think they are in poor condition?

and tell me specifically what injuries you think are due to poor conditioning so I can tell you that you are out of your mind

yes they call Jerry pop because they love him and he loves them......

have you ever been on a team before?

do you have any idea how important it is for the members of a team to believe in each other and care for each other ?

do you have any idea how important it is to trust and care for those who are mentoring and training you ?

do you know how important it is to have that love...that brotherhood ?

thats the way they feel about Jerry

I have seen it first hand on many occasions

these players love him and would walk through fire for him
    I respect your opinion but you are obviously way too close to look at this objectively.
    The record speaks for itself my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by thomasjmarino View Post
    I respect your opinion but you are obviously way too close to look at this objectively.
    What record? Give me definitive proof that any injury suffered by any player on the Giants or the aerobic condition of any player on the team is directly related to the strength and conditioning program. If you can't do that, then you cannot speak to the role of the strength and conditioning program.

Yeah, YA, by way too close, he really means, you actually know what the hell you're talking about.

When the defense steps on the field for their first series and gets driven all the way down like they do in the end of the game, conditioning is NOT the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by CowboysSuck View Post
    If TC didnt like a certain practice, it is is his complete control to tell the whole team to go run 3 miles.
    I'm sure the NFLPA and the CBA say otherwise. This isn't high school where the coach can have you go run suicides if he isn't pleased. There is a defined amount of time the players are allowed to be on the practice field as part of an organized or directed practice. I'm sure the NFLPA would argue that sprints at the end of a practice is included as directed practice.

Quote Originally Posted by CowboysSuck View Post
    ok ok, I understand you're argument. But you are old and stubborn on this issue. Knowledge does not equal delivery. In other words, Albert Einstein is arguably the smartest man to ever live....but task him with teaching 52 other people nonlinear differential theory and the results might be sub-par at best.

Does this simple logic ever occur to you?
    If Palmeri wasn't good at delivering his conditioning program, then he wouldn't have last so long in the business. And trust me, a lot of what a student learns is dependent upon how dedicated the student is to learning the material.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    What record? Give me definitive proof that any injury suffered by any player on the Giants or the aerobic condition of any player on the team is directly related to the strength and conditioning program. If you can't do that, then you cannot speak to the role of the strength and conditioning program.

Yeah, YA, by way too close, he really means, you actually know what the hell you're talking about.
    He won't give you any proof because he can't. It is pure speculation without any factual merrit. It is utter nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    they work hard for him because they respect him.....he demands their respect

check out the weight room and pools on an off day .......they are full

that speaks volumes
    I have this mental image of Marvin Austin floating around inside one of those big inner tubes.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by thomasjmarino View Post
    yeah and the record is directly Jerry Palmieris fault right ?

those games were lost due to conditioning right?

get a clue brother .....seriously