+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    I have this mental image of Marvin Austin floating around inside one of those big inner tubes.
    thats about it

I never like to speak ill of any of the players ....but that kid is a lazy slug

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    thats about it

I never like to speak ill of any of the players ....but that kid is a lazy slug
    Yes he is. I had high hopes for him. I thought he could really contribute. I was wrong.

Banned
    I have stated for years that I think a lot of our injuries are due to a lack of conditioning.

I think that a staunch conditioning program would greatly benefit the team. Granted, there are some of the guys that are always in shape but most are huffing and puffing all over the place.

It may not be laziness but sometimes an expert can come in and show folks how to train better and be better prepared. I think we should invest in a dedicated conditioning program run by experts and we should also grab a top of the line QB coach too. I was kinda hoping after we didn’t make playoffs that Peyton would win SuperBowl and retire and come over and be Eli’s QB coach.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    Yes he is. I had high hopes for him. I thought he could really contribute. I was wrong.

I have stated for years that I think a lot of our injuries are due to a lack of conditioning.

I think that a staunch conditioning program would greatly benefit the team. Granted, there are some of the guys that are always in shape but most are huffing and puffing all over the place.

It may not be laziness but sometimes an expert can come in and show folks how to train better and be better prepared. I think we should invest in a dedicated conditioning program run by experts and we should also grab a top of the line QB coach too. I was kinda hoping after we didnít make playoffs that Peyton would win SuperBowl and retire and come over and be Eliís QB coach.
    Injuries are part of football. It is a collision sport. All the conditioning in the world won't stop your knee from bending in an unnatural position.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    what are the strength and conditioning issues this team has?

this is forum fabrication......there are not any

...and are you implying that these guys are not eating right , stretching and doing correct exercises ?

you do know that this is a storied professional franchise highly established since 1925 correct?

these players have diets, stretches, and workouts specifically tailored to each player and their specific needs and goals......every minute of the day is accounted for within these players workouts from how much water they drink down to how much sleep they should be getting.......for some players every single step they take during the day is measured with pedometers to get precise calculations on injuries and to help with preventative measures

so if you think for a second that these guys are not getting the proper treatment that a professional athlete needs then you wasted a second of your life
    Sometimes I get the impression people don't read an entire post before responding to it. I am not implying anything, in fact I stated several times that I don't know of any specific issues related to conditioning. It seems to me that you don't like the point I made so instead of addressing it you try to twist what I said into something else entirely, then ask me to debate your fabrication. If you don't feel like reading and comprehending the entirety of my post, that is fine, but don't quote it and respond to something entirely different... it will clear up a lot of confusion.
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty192 View Post
    Injuries are part of football. It is a collision sport. All the conditioning in the world won't stop your knee from bending in an unnatural position.
    Case in point was all the outrage last year that possibly Terrel Thomas' injury from his collision w JPP could have possibly been prevented with "better" condidtioning.
    Last few avatars: Nicks, Bradshaw, Jacobs - who's the next future ex-Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Ruttiger711 View Post
    Case in point was all the outrage last year that possibly Terrel Thomas' injury from his collision w JPP could have possibly been prevented with "better" condidtioning.
    I think someone even claimed that Prince breaking a bone in his foot was due to conditioning.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruttiger711 View Post
    I was actually thinking about that scenario when I wrote my post.

It may not be laziness but sometimes an expert can come in and show folks how to train better and be better prepared. I think we should invest in a dedicated conditioning program run by experts and we should also grab a top of the line QB coach too. I was kinda hoping after we didn’t make playoffs that Peyton would win SuperBowl and retire and come over and be Eli’s QB coach.
    What makes you think they don't already have a "staunch conditioning program" in place. Unless you are with the team and witness their preparations, how can you comment on what you think they are or are not doing. You have no basis for your point what so ever.