+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Defensive conditioning

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    Sometimes I get the impression people don't read an entire post before responding to it. I am not implying anything, in fact I stated several times that I don't know of any specific issues related to conditioning. It seems to me that you don't like the point I made so instead of addressing it you try to twist what I said into something else entirely, then ask me to debate your fabrication. If you don't feel like reading and comprehending the entirety of my post, that is fine, but don't quote it and respond to something entirely different... it will clear up a lot of confusion.
    i addressed everything in your post

maybe you need to read your own post over

trying to mask your lack of understanding the subject with saying I didn't read your post doesn't work

thanks

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    i addressed everything in your post

maybe you need to read your own post over

trying to mask your lack of understanding the subject with saying I didn't read your post doesn't work

thanks
    am sure that they do... but working hard doesn't always equate to being in top condition. Eating, stretching and doing the correct lifts/exercises in the proper way is what matters. Again, not suggesting they are or are not. I don't know of any specific injuries that the Giants see more than other teams because of conditioning... but if there is evidence that they have an issue, the strength and conditioning coach would be the first one that should take the blame. If they are all in great shape and there are no issue, then he should be lauded as a great coach.
    It is very unlikely to have a great coach with lousy results, or a lousy coach with great results.
    Or maybe you saw just the first sentence... Read the bold part again. As a moderator I would have expected better, calling me "stupid" in a nice way is no different than coming out and saying it directly.

My comments never suggested that conditioning was an issue. If you don't want to discuss the point I did make originally, that's fine... then leave it at that and debate the conditioning with those that are actually questioning it.
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    Yes he is. I had high hopes for him. I thought he could really contribute. I was wrong.
    Me too....of all the guys drafted that year, Austin was the guy I was most excited about.

He's got one more year to prove he's not a bust.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

This is why Jimmy Johnson is a winner.

There's laying out a strength and conditioning program, and expecting everyone to put on their big boy pants and follow it.

And then there's someone like Jimmy Johnson, who is going to fire people up...

“Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    Or maybe you saw just the first sentence... Read the bold part again. As a moderator I would have expected better, calling me "stupid" in a nice way is no different than coming out and saying it directly.

My comments never suggested that conditioning was an issue. If you don't want to discuss the point I did make originally, that's fine... then leave it at that and debate the conditioning with those that are actually questioning it.
    sensitive are we?

if that is calling someone stupid then remind me to bring a pacifier if we converse again

again....I addressed your post accordingly

sensitive are we?

if that is calling someone stupid then remind me to bring a pacifier if we converse again

cant we all just get along?

Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    cant we all just get along?
    I get along with everyone my friend

All-Pro
    sensitive are we?

LOL, deflecting much?
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Veteran
    Playing tough is more about attitude than conditioning. There's plenty of people who look like Tarzan, but play like Jane.

I agree with this. Beatty doesn't look any bigger now that he did when he arrived as a rookie. The number one knock on him was he need to bulk up more and get stronger.....That never happened...

+ Reply to Thread