+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why not focus on O-Line?

Why not focus on O-Line?

After watching some of the Championship Games, I'm 100% for offensive line. with a good O-Line the Giants can control the game with the run, and Eli will pick apart D's if they have to fear the run with some Play-action. Look at how much time Brady gets, look at how San Fran dominated on the ground. Even Baltimore was impressive that last drive to end the game where NE knew the run was coming but couldn't stop it. Chance Warmack or Johnathan Cooper would be my choice.

New England with an undisputed top 5 QB in the league was second in rushing attempts!

Ravens just redid their line with free agents. Lol

Fact is, going from a mid level player, to a top player is not all that big a difference on the OL. Its a difference of maybe one play a game.

I see where you are coming from but I don't think any team that misses the playoffs (with the exception of a huge QB injury) has the luxury to put more emphasis on need than the raw talent of the players available. The Giants just need too much help on the front 7 of the defense and maybe another DB or two to go all out on the Oline this year. Best case scenario would be to grab one OL in the first 3 rounds and find an underrated FA acquisition if possible.

I agree on Warmack.. if he's there, Reese will be all over it

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Ravens just redid their line with free agents. Lol

Fact is, going from a mid level player, to a top player is not all that big a difference on the OL. Its a difference of maybe one play a game.
    True, but if you look at the 49ers, they have three first round picks on their O-line with the other two being amazing finds.

Quote Originally Posted by quan the don View Post
    True, but if you look at the 49ers, they have three first round picks on their O-line with the other two being amazing finds.
    They had to because they needed to rely completely on their running game.

Turns out the best blocker on their team ended up being Kapernick on the option plays anyway.

I'm all for OL. I don't think there's anyway around it though, if we want Warmack, we'll have to trade. If we want to go OL with our first pick, I'm thinking Fluker, Dallas Thomas or MAYBE Barrett Jones (probably more of a late 1st round early 2nd ground guy) as guys that would be best value at 19. Barrett Jones can play center or guard. Fluker would be able to step right in at RT (maayy struggle just a tad with speed rushers early on) and Dallas Thomas could play guard or RT.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSabbath View Post
    I'm all for OL. I don't think there's anyway around it though, if we want Warmack, we'll have to trade. If we want to go OL with our first pick, I'm thinking Fluker, Dallas Thomas or MAYBE Barrett Jones (probably more of a late 1st round early 2nd ground guy) as guys that would be best value at 19. Barrett Jones can play center or guard. Fluker would be able to step right in at RT (maayy struggle just a tad with speed rushers early on) and Dallas Thomas could play guard or RT.
    Agree. Warmack may be available because if i remember correctly Decastro was projected to go top 15, and fell to 26.

Quote Originally Posted by quan the don View Post
    Agree. Warmack may be available because if i remember correctly Decastro was projected to go top 15, and fell to 26.
    I predicted Decastro would fall further than most thought and was berated for it...I won't do the same to you but I would say there was arguably more talented players in the top end of last years draft than in this years. We'll see.
    Quote Originally Posted by PBTimmons View Post
    This. Pugh is not happening. Not. Happening.

If Warmack slips, I could see the Cowboys taking him right before NY picks..

+ Reply to Thread