+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why not focus on O-Line?

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Ravens just redid their line with free agents. Lol

Fact is, going from a mid level player, to a top player is not all that big a difference on the OL. Its a difference of maybe one play a game.
    Huh? Isn't Oher a former 1st and Osemele a early 2nd? Not to mention, Birk is a sensational Veteran Center.. Marshall Yanda is a former 3rd rd pick of the Ravens.. THey also got guys like Gradkowski and Harewood , who were draft picks for baltimore.. How have they redone there line with FA's?

Quote Originally Posted by PBTimmons View Post
    I predicted Decastro would fall further than most thought and was berated for it...I won't do the same to you but I would say there was arguably more talented players in the top end of last years draft than in this years. We'll see.
    Good call with Decastro, but for the ones who use that as something to consder when thinking about Warmack falling, don't forget Mike Iupati, and both Pouncey brothers did go early and right about where most thought.. Sure Decastro feel some, but still went in first, but dosen't mean Warmack won't fall in the Pouncey/Iupati group, that got drafted where perdicted for most part.. I think Warmacks a even better prospect then possibly all of em..

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Huh? Isn't Oher a former 1st and Osemele a early 2nd? Not to mention, Birk is a sensational Veteran Center.. Marshall Yanda is a former 3rd rd pick of the Ravens.. THey also got guys like Gradkowski and Harewood , who were draft picks for baltimore.. How have they redone there line with FA's?
    Oher also just got moved to RT because he is a very poor LT.

Osemele was the RT, but he got moved to LG when Oher got moved to RT.

We can talk about the ravens investing in their OL, but really they did not have that good of a unit.

All in on Warmack. But also would like to see them grab Travis Fred**** of Wisconsin. Badass center they can use.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Good call with Decastro, but for the ones who use that as something to consder when thinking about Warmack falling, don't forget Mike Iupati, and both Pouncey brothers did go early and right about where most thought.. Sure Decastro feel some, but still went in first, but dosen't mean Warmack won't fall in the Pouncey/Iupati group, that got drafted where perdicted for most part.. I think Warmacks a even better prospect then possibly all of em..
    Yeah, Warmack falling to the Giants sounds more like a dream than a reality right now. What about Jonathan Martin? They had him slated to go top 10 last year before the combine and come draft day he slid to the bottom half of the 2nd round, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by PBTimmons View Post
    This. Pugh is not happening. Not. Happening.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Oher also just got moved to RT because he is a very poor LT.

Osemele was the RT, but he got moved to LG when Oher got moved to RT.

We can talk about the ravens investing in their OL, but really they did not have that good of a unit.
    Ya, but still, Osemeles doing very well as a rookie, and most thought Guard with him anyhow, and just because Oher moved to RT, dosen't mean he isn't a big part of that Oline, he just wasen't a LT type.. I'm just wondering where the FA's are? They just had some guys playing out of positon is all.. Ohers been on that oline through some very good yrs, Osemeles first yr, resulted in starting for a SB team, and Yanda is also very good as well.. They got some solid players like Gradkowski and Harewood to come off the bench as well.. THey've built a nice oline through the draft, especially now that they seem to have everyone in positon..

+ Reply to Thread