+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

NY Giants' Free Agent Profile: OT William Beatty, Will He Stay Or Go?

http://www.giants101.com/2013/01/21/...or-will-he-go/

Excerpt: "As the New York Giants head towards what looks like a busy offseason, with 19 unrestricted free agents and a handful of high-priced veterans possibly on the re-negotiation or chopping blocks, this our favorite time of the year to play armchair GM.

Giants General Manager Jerry Reeseand his staff will have to ponder all of these questions at some point this offseason (and make decisions that actually matter!), but we're off to the races this offseason and in this series we'll be going through each one of the Giants UFA's and ask the Armchair GM what he thinks.

First up, offensive tackle Will Beatty.

A second-round pick whose road to the starting lineup was slow and marred by a few injuries, Beatty had a healthy and productive season in 2012, just in the nick of time. Just in time for free agency, he's proved himself to be a quality NFL starting left tackle.

The Giants don't exactly have talent waiting in the wings in case Beatty departs for greener contracts, with aging and expensive David Diehl and young, untested James Brewer as the next two guys on the roster. Yikes." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

We need to keep three FAs: Beatty, Cruz,and Bennett. After that Boothe if possible
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

If he goes we are ****ed beyond belief.... he is the TOP prority on the team by far.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    We need to keep three FAs: Beatty, Cruz,and Bennett. After that Boothe if possible
    I agree, in that order.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
    If he goes we are ****ed beyond belief.... he is the TOP prority on the team by far.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they let him go and kept diehl

Quote Originally Posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
    Luckily, FA is prior to the draft. So, if he does go we can react accordingly come draft time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud57 View Post
    I truly hope you do not believe that.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    yup.. I agree
    (1)Aaron Donald, DT Pittsburgh - (2)Jordan Matthews, WR Vanderbilt - (3)Jack Mewhort, OL Ohio State
    (4)Arthur Lynch, TE Georgia - (5)Bryan Stork, C Florida State - (5)Tyler Gaffney, RB Stanford
    (6)Prince Shembo, OLB Notre Dame

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    I truly hope you do not believe that.
    I don't think that will happen nor do I want it to but I wouldn't be surprised though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud57 View Post
    Now you're just trying to incite a riot